B2401

El Jefe

Equipment
B2401
May 18, 2020
Santa Cruz, CA
First post, I’m in the process of finalizing the deal on a B2401 with R1 tires and 54” SSQA bucket. I only have a few acres but I have a lot of trees to take out and some heavy landscaping to do (grading, moving rocks, bushes, etc) and a LOT of wood chips to make. I was about to pull the trigger on a L2501DT because I couldn’t see myself warming up to a HST and the B2320 didn’t have enough loader capacity. I dragged my feet long enough and now my dealer is able to get a B2401 which seems like a good happy medium and the current financing is too good to pass up. Short term I think the L would have been nice but long term the B is a more appropriate size. I’ve tried out other B series models and this will be the smallest tractor I’ve ever owned, it feels like a riding mower but I think I will like it for my property. Over the next few months I’ll be adding a PTO chipper, 3rd function valve and grapple as finances (wife) allow but I thought I would introduce myself and see if anyone else on the forum is looking at the new B2401? The dealer thinks it will be here in the next two weeks and I will add pics as soon as I get it home.

A couple questions for those with similar tractors.

I am planning on getting a box blade with the purchase and the dealer recommended a 54” but I have some heavy grading and my soil is clay, is there any reason to go 54” over 48”? The tractor width is 44.3” and with such a small and light tractor I’m worried about traction with a box blade that is almost a foot wider than the tractor. 48” would more than cover the tracks and the weight difference is negligible. I haven’t been able to find anything small and heavy duty so I was thinking Land Pride BB1254 or BB1248.

The dealer wanted $1300 for the 3rd function valve installed. I’m not paying that (aside from this their prices have seemed reasonable) so I was going to purchase and install myself. Should I go with the Summit model specific valve for $550 or is there any reason to go with the Kubota or Land Pride version?