Kubota M5660 SUHD Recall

conquistador

Equipment
L2050DT and Hopefully Soon M5660 SUHD
Apr 15, 2009
South Central KY
Gentlemen,

Just wanting to do some fact checking. Went and put the money down on a brand new Kubota M5660 on April 15. After talking to my sales rep, he said it would be delivered today April 24th. Being the excited new Kubota dad that I am, I called this morning to see what the delivery eta was. Now understand, my dealer had already given me an explanation of the delivery date being so long because of a shortage of workers, overbooked, etc. I can understand those situations some times so I try to be patient.

On the phone this morning, I was told that there is no set delivery date for my Kubota because there is now a recall on a switch and they are awaiting delivery. Needless to say my bloodpressure got up a little. Does anyone here know of a recall on the Kubota M5660 SUHD? I can find no literature to the fact online. I kinda feel like I'm getting the run around but wanted to check with the experts first.

Thanks for your help!!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Recalls on Kubota's are hard to find out about, maybe one of our members that works at a dealer as a Tech / Service Writer / Sales, could answer.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
As NIW said it will take a Kubota employee to check the official website. I would bet that it is not a runaround, but rather a (good) tech that ran the serial number, or model number as part of the predelivery check and found the recall. It is not in either your or their best interests to deliver a tractor with an open campaign on it. The sales guy may not be up on all of them, and so it wouldn't be noticed until someone in service started to work on your tractor.

conquistador

Equipment
Apr 15, 2009
South Central KY
I hope its true that they are doing due diligence on the tractor but I also just get a gut feeling that something is shady here. But hey, I hope I'm wrong so I can apologize and start enjoying my tractor soon. We shall see.

If anyone hears of the service bulletin or recall on a M5660SUHD let me know.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Have you tried calling Kubota and asking them?

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I'm not aware of anything. I'd like to know about this recall.

Edit: Only thing I know of was a bulletin that had to do with certain front tires and contact with the engine oil filter. But it wasn't a recall-just a bulletin to my knowledge.

conquistador

Equipment
Apr 15, 2009
South Central KY
I'm at work already this morning but my wife is getting the serial number off of the paperwork for me since we of course don't have the tractor in our possession yet.

I'll give Kubota a call today and check and see if there are any PSB's and post the answer I get here.

conquistador

Equipment
Apr 15, 2009
South Central KY
Interesting development, on the off chance that I would get a response, I sent Kubota Customer Service an email yesterday. They contacted me this morning and got my information. I explained the situation and my concerns and gave them the model and serial number. The service rep stated that he does not have any recall or service information regarding my model and serial number. He is contacting my dealer to see what is going on.

On a positive note, I'm thoroughly impressed with the quick response and how polite this gentleman was. Now hopefully I can get my tractor home soon or at least get an answer to what the heck is going on.

conquistador

Equipment
Apr 15, 2009
South Central KY
And now my salesman just called and said he would give me another call after lunch with a time and day for delivery this week. Never mentioned the recall or anything but did say his drivers have been sick. You can't make this stuff up!!

Oh well, maybe I can get my new toy soon. Maybe. Hopefully. Kinda sorta.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Have already paid for the tractor in full? If so, does your bill of sale have a delivery date?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
That sounds like a salesman excuse :rolleyes: I rather have someone be straight forward, up front and honest with me, then some BS excuse ;) The drivers got the flu is a rather plausible reason for not meeting the delivery deadline.

As a mechanic, I've been on the receiving end of numerous butt chewings because a salesman flat out lied. When all the salesman needed to say is the tech is held up at another jobsite. Shouldn't be much longer and he will be on his way. I'll have the tech call you with an eta :rolleyes:

conquistador

Equipment
Apr 15, 2009
South Central KY
I didn't get a written delivery date, I thought a good handshake agreement between us would suffice.

I agree with being honest and upfront, heck I own a business and understand that finding good help is hard. That's why when he initially said it was going to be a little over a week for delivery that I was good with it but when he kept piling on excuses and reasons I started smelling the bs.

I'll keep you up to date on the saga and give you guys a review of the tractor when I get it.

conquistador

Equipment
Apr 15, 2009
South Central KY
That is why I came to the experts on here to check with you guys about a possible recall.

This will be my second Kubota and while I don't get much chance to be on here often enough, everyone here has always answered my questions quickly and most importantly correctly. I want to say I appreciate all the help I get and its nice to know that, when in need, I have a place I can go to ask my normal dumb questions.

Oh, and still awaiting that call back from my salesman that he promised to make after lunch today. :mad:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Well I must say I'm sorry to hear about their using a campaign as a runaround excuse. They are too serious ordinarily for that kind of stuff. :(:mad:

Hope your new tractor areives soon and in tip top condition.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Has any money changed hands? If so, I would go beyond the handshake and get a receipt or bill of sale. If you haven't paid yet, I would be telling the salesman you are reconsidering the purchase and look for another dealer.

conquistador

Equipment
Apr 15, 2009
South Central KY
6:21 am cdt update

No phone call yesterday from the salesman as he had stated. Salesman stated he would call after lunch yesterday to finalize the date/time/location of delivery.

To answer the question about moneys, I financed through Kubota after receiving the 0% offer. I have the signed paperwork that was finalized on Saturday April 15 at 11:32am (I took a pic of my wife on the tractor right after we signed so the time is dead on accurate).

I am skipping the salesman today and going to the Manager of the store. I am also trying to get into contact with the regional rep through a friend of mine who is a large farmer that has bought a ton of Kubota's over the years.

:mad:

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
Does someone other that a salesperson normally deliver tractors? One of the sales guys delivered mine.

I did the credit app and got approval before they ordered the extra stuff I was getting, but I didn't sign any loan documents until the tractor was on my ground and we had gone over the entire machine.