New here

bgk

Apr 23, 2017
Accord, ny
Hi everyone, the other day I brought home my new to me 1999 b2400 4x4. I've been around the machine since it was new. Sadly, it was my great Uncle's who has always been one of my greatest mentors. He helped get me into hunting as a young kid and into gardening. He passed away a few months ago after losing his fourth bout with cancer. When my Aunt expressed that she wanted help selling it and all of the implements, I just couldnt see it go. Made a fair deal and now it's mine. He took great care of it, and it doesn't even have 375 hours on it. Marked on the radiator it shows it was serviced at 100 hours. 6 months before he passed he had it serviced but I'm not sure what it entailed. Anything I should look for specifically with this machine? It's siting in my garage and no fluid leaks. The starter solenoid clicks sometimes at start up and requires a few goes before it turns over.

As far as implements I have everything I need and more save for a FEL. Has a tiller, snow plow, grading blade, post hole digger, a custom build 3 point mini logging skidder and a brush hog. Should come in very handy on my 15 acres.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Great looking tractor. As far as your starter selonoid , sometimes the starter and selonoid get condensation moisture in them from lack of use. This causes rust to form making them bind up. You can take it apart and clean it up. Also, check your battery cable connection at both the battery and the starter, plus wherever the ground is. They get dirty or rusty and low voltage to the starter will cause it to click.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Nice tractor with some good implements . You can go online and copy the service interval schedule. Grease it good, but it sounds like he took very good care of it. I would get a dedicated pole barn, or shop space to keep it in as it's a good looking tractor and the NY Esther will " help it age" quickly left outside in it.
Your Uncle will be proud looking down seeing you use it and enjoying his memory.

bgk

Apr 23, 2017
Accord, ny
Bear; It was always kept under a pole barn it's entire life, and currently it's sitting in my 2.5 car garage. Since I have a post hole digger and plenty of cedar trees I plan to build a pole barn for it down the road. Definitely want to keep it in good shape.

Last edited: