New here with question - B8200

shua57

Equipment
B8200
May 17, 2010
Brodhead, Ky
Just picked up a Kubota B8200 in Zanesville, Oh about a week ago. My first Kubota:

It looks rough but I'll take care of that soon enough (I'm a gearhead:D).

I've already changed the oil and filter which looked like it had been in there a little too long. The oil wasn't thin, just a little too black. I poured in some fresh Delo 400 and a WIX filter (glad I can pick up filters locally;)). Also bought some hydraulic fluid and plan on draining/changing that out. Ait filter is new when I bought it. Probably need to check the fuel filter and replace. Coolant looks new. Someones been playing with the electronics:mad: so I'll be rewiring some of it as well as replacing some lights. Alot of painting in the future but other than that, it runs really well (maybe needs a slight valve adjustment - a little noisey) and so far everything seems to work.

Now for my problem. As you can see it came with a 60" belly mower which cut my mowing in half:D. When I first got it home, I engaged the PTO to see if anything was wrong with the deck and it came on without any problems. After running it for a few seconds the far right pulley started to squeel and smoke was coming out. Shut the PTO down and grabbed my grease gun. Greased the heck out of it. Fired it back up and it seemed fine. Mowed my yard and was finishing up when it started squeeling again. Added more grease, started again and it started squeeling again. I pulled the pulley covers off and cleaned out around the pulleys and added more grease. The grease is coming out below the pulley and above the deck. Is it time for me to pull the deck and inspect/replace the deck bearings?

P.S. I have the deck manual, came with tractor, and I ordered the Operators manual.

phildac

Equipment
1984 B8200E, L260F
Jul 29, 2009
Wentzville, MO
shua57,

Yeah, sounds like a spindle bearing going out. Probably wouldn't hurt to pull the deck and inspect/replace all three. Congrats on the B8200DT. I am also in the process of repainting my B8200E. Good luck.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Welcome Shua57. Ditto on what phildac said. I also have a B8200 but it is hst. Mine needs lots of stuff done to it when I am able to shut it down for a couple of weeks and of course a few dollars to do it with. Congrats on your new to you kubota.:D:D Dusty

shua57

Equipment
B8200
May 17, 2010
Brodhead, Ky
Thanks guys. I do all my own body work and paint on my classic cars so I'll get the tractor back in good shape.
I got out my deck operator's manual and found that the guys who sold me the tractor gave me the wrong manual. They gave me a RC60-72 manual and my deck is a RC60-82H. Is there any difference part wise? If so, I guess I'll have to order one. Anyone know what the bearing numbers for the RC60-82H would be?
Josh

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Bearings... replace them. Been there and done that on my first B7100 RC72. Just check the under deck bearing housings closely for stress cracks... two out of my three had to be replaced. It was worth every penny.... Butch;)

shua57

Equipment
B8200
May 17, 2010
Brodhead, Ky
Thanks Butch, that's the plan. I pulled the deck last night (sure would be alot easier if I had a FEL...lol). I'm going to replace all the seals and bearings before putting it back. Preventive maintenance. I got my B8200 Operator's manual in yesterday, I found the part manual for my RC60-82H deck and found a local equipment dealer that has the bearings and seals. After I get this done I want to focus on a knock in the engine....
Josh

Randyj

Equipment
B9200D / BF350 Kubota Loader / L-4530B Kubota Backhoe w - subframe / LP GS1548
Sep 17, 2009
Northern Indiana
Josh,

Welcome to the orange. Good lookin' tractor.

shua57

Equipment
B8200
May 17, 2010
Brodhead, Ky
Oh, I will say that there was a small groove along the top of the belt. Looks like ti was rubbing on something. Other than that the belt looks good but I'll probably replace it anyway. I'm just going to replace everything I can will it's off. I't my main mower right now, might as well get it in shape for the season.
Josh

Gardenprairie610

Equipment
B8200
Jun 9, 2010
Garden Prairie, Illinois
Nice tractor! I should know, I own one!

I have to know how that belly mower is driven. Any chance you could send pics?

I would love a belly mower for my tractor but I don't see how I could power it. I only have a rear PTO.

Thanks!

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
The belly mowers are driven off the midpto on the B8200 tractors. Your tractor may not have a midpto! It wasn't standard equipment on all "b's" (still isn't)
You might still be able to get the kit from Kubota but it is expensive. Some of the older B tractors did drive the mower from the front of the engine
Ed

shua57

Equipment
B8200
May 17, 2010
Brodhead, Ky
My belly mower is ran off the front PTO. It broke the tension pulley completly off so I have to redneck engineer it back on. I truely have missed it. I had to mow with a borrowed mower and it felt like it took forever....lol.
Josh

Apogee

Equipment
B6100, B7100, B8200, B9200, G4200, L175, L35
Jan 22, 2012
Tacoma, WA
Welcome to the site!

Nice tractor!

After I get this done I want to focus on a knock in the engine....
Diesels are different from the gas engines you're used to in classic cars. You might consider having the injectors rebuilt as they can make it sound like it's knocking.

Odds are, if the oil light is off while idling (hot) and you mowed your lawn and the engine lived, it's not a rod knock.

Just so you know, based on price Kubota parts should be gold plated...

Just my $.02.

Steve

Last edited: