Caught it just right

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
I can't imagine needing horses more than needing trees, but that's just me.
I hear horses are warm and furry.

Nice pics of your hour meter!

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
I had to zoom in, because i thought 'WOW ,that's alot of hours'. I couldn't tell if that was a half hour or a whole hour. Hard to see the decimal point.

:cool:

RustyW

Equipment
L3430GST
Sep 20, 2016
Muldrow Oklahoma

The horses are the better 1/2's hobbie. To me they are the quickest way to turn $100 bill into a nice round turd. When I bought the place 20 years ago I wanted a place in the country where I could hunt & shoot guns but the last 2 years all the property around me has sold off & people have moved in & built houses in every direction so there went my shooting range. Now it's fence building for the horses, barn building for the hay & chickens, & a little gardening cause we like home grown meters, taters, squash & okra.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yep and if it all goes sideways you still have a way to get around... I came across a brace of Halfling mares that are broke to harness they had them for pulling a small wagon and an Irish cart,,,, somebody please talk me out of it,,,PLEASE:eek:

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Hayburners+Women=Lots of $$$ spent

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
Hayburners+Women=Lots of $$$ spent
We go through 600 bales of hay a year. A couple of years ago the Farmer we get the hay from dropped off a load and was helping me put it up in the loft. During one of the breaks I told him that if he could help me talk the Mrs into getting rid of the horses that I would continue to buy the hay from him. And then we wouldn't have to put it up in the loft anymore. We could throw it right into the manure pile. He would still make his money, I would be saving money and I wouldn't have to clean the used hay out of the stalls.

We still have the horses.

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
P.S. You can see that manure pile from outer space on Google Earth.
Oh the money sitting in that pile.:D

Grateful11

Apr 20, 2010
Piedmont, NC
We go through 600 bales of hay a year. A couple of years ago the Farmer we get the hay from dropped off a load and was helping me put it up in the loft. During one of the breaks I told him that if he could help me talk the Mrs into getting rid of the horses that I would continue to buy the hay from him. And then we wouldn't have to put it up in the loft anymore. We could throw it right into the manure pile. He would still make his money, I would be saving money and I wouldn't have to clean the used hay out of the stalls.

We still have the horses.
That's a good one. Some call horses 'Hayburners'.

skohler

Aug 4, 2014
Gettysburg, PA

Planted and maintaining 1500 tress on 11 acres of our farm, I swore an oath only to use my tractor for good, never evil.

Sorry about the sideways pics, they are oriented correctly in my computer???

Attachments