Kubota O percent

stutrac

Mar 30, 2016
Bethany ct
I have decide to keep my BX 1870 is it because I am unable to sell it Kubota offers 0 percent financing ? I paid $18K for the tractor, loader, blade ,weight box, mower ,triple bagger and outher small items and the offers I get are low($8-12K), I bought the tractor in 2016 and has 210 hrs and is in show room cond, I just replaced the bagger lid for $300 and I figure the old bagger lid was a deal breaker just because of the cond ? because of the damage on the corners , I had the tractor on Ebay and the highest offer I got was $10,500 I have been asking $13,500 but is the market soft now??? I do get a lot of people local and they keep saying I am going to price new and they don't come back
I do also have a used snow blower and new shaft kit so all said in done I have $19K into my tractor there is a $2K difference from 2018 to my 2016 what is the market value for used Bx1870?? and to loose $4-5K in few years is not good, I would be happy with selling it for $16K but??? why no offers I thought kubotas hold there value... I also have a GR and just no room for both...

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I have decide to keep my BX 1870 is it because I am unable to sell it Kubota offers 0 percent financing ? I paid $18K for the tractor, loader, blade ,weight box, mower ,triple bagger and outher small items and the offers I get are low($8-12K), I bought the tractor in 2016 and has 210 hrs and is in show room cond, I just replaced the bagger lid for $300 and I figure the old bagger lid was a deal breaker just because of the cond ? because of the damage on the corners , I had the tractor on Ebay and the highest offer I got was $10,500 I have been asking $13,500 but is the market soft now??? I do get a lot of people local and they keep saying I am going to price new and they don't come back
I do also have a used snow blower and new shaft kit so all said in done I have $19K into my tractor there is a $2K difference from 2018 to my 2016 what is the market value for used Bx1870?? and to loose $4-5K in few years is not good, I would be happy with selling it for $16K but??? why no offers I thought kubotas hold there value... I also have a GR and just no room for both...
It's just about impossible to compete with 0% for 6 or 7 years.

SDT

stutrac

Mar 30, 2016
Bethany ct
its not fair to owners with used machines with low hrs and try to sell their tractor I do not mind loosing a few grand but $4-5 k is a lot to me, why does Kubota do this????

japollner

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 23, 2018
GREENFIELD
Not many folks have $15-20k cash to drop down on something like a tractor. I know my wife and I sure don't. If we had that type of money, I'd be more apt to just hire someone to do the work I need done on my property.

So we looked into buying used. 5% at 60 months for used tractors is ridiculous, especially for something that isn't a necessity. My USED truck is financed at 2.2%...

Sorry if it makes it harder to sell your used tractor, but Kubota would only be selling half the tractors they are if they didn't offer 0%.

We are buying new, simply because we would have the same monthly payment on a used tractor, with no warranty.

Unless you want to self finance that 1870 with attachments for $15k. I'd like 0% for 84 months with 20% down.:p

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Not many folks have $15-20k cash to drop down on something like a tractor. I know my wife and I sure don't. If we had that type of money, I'd be more apt to just hire someone to do the work I need done on my property.

So we looked into buying used. 5% at 60 months for used tractors is ridiculous, especially for something that isn't a necessity. My USED truck is financed at 2.2%...

Sorry if it makes it harder to sell your used tractor, but Kubota would only be selling half the tractors they are if they didn't offer 0%.

We are buying new, simply because we would have the same monthly payment on a used tractor, with no warranty.

Unless you want to self finance that 1870 with attachments for $15k. I'd like 0% for 84 months with 20% down.:p
Bingo, JAP.

Kubota is in the business of selling tractors. 0% is how it's done.

That said, 0% is not going to be around indefinitely.

Stay tuned.

SDT

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Im sorry to say, that tractors like bikes and cars you NEVER get out of them what you put in to them. A riding friends bike had close to 40K in it, when his wife got sick he wound up with a little over half of what he had in it. So yeah 0% is a good deal for the buyer not the seller. If you want /need to sell then drop your price take the hit and move on. Thats just how it is, sorry

skohler

Aug 4, 2014
Gettysburg, PA
When I was looking for my first tractor, the used market was solid and not much savings. The 0% was a no brainer for me as it was going to be financed either way.

The market for my L3800, or equivalent used in the size range was not that big of a difference. If my L3800 was $20k, seemed like a used equivalent with <500 hours was $17-18k. Just not enough for me to go used since I was financing.

I never realized farm implements held their value much more than cars/motorcycles, but I agree that the 0% hold a lot of power for favor folks buying new.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
From my experience, Kubota tractors hold their value quite well. But you have to keep them a few years to avoid just what you're describing...competing with what appears to most as free money.

The longer you own one the more obvious it becomes.

Don't get disenchanted, just keep it listed for sale. There are folks who have the money and perhaps don't want to deal with a dealer, pay sales tax, etc.

I have a car salesman buddy who says. "There's a butt for every seat, you just have to wait until they meet!"

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
easiest thing to do is to trade it. dealer gave me way more $ for my old bx 23 (2006 model) with many hours on it than I could ever sell it for privately.

Remember, they can easily offer financing to a buyer of your used machine. If you haven't already done so, see what they will offer you as trade in on purchase of a new machine...your trade in also counts as down $ on your new equipment. So, with that counting as a down payment, you can finance for 84 months at 0%.

Fido Farms

Equipment
L3901, 35 Massey, Summit X 146, Polaris 700 RMK, Yamaha Viking
May 27, 2018
Canada
No such thing as 0% only on paper. Here in Canada they charge u 9% extra for tractor to get 84 months at 0%. If you pay cash you pay 9% less. Still only works out to about 3.2% which is a good deal for 84 months.

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
All informative responses, especially those that describe the necessity to perform proper research and own the tractor for a reasonable period, suggest > five years @ minimum.

There is another concern. COMPETITION!. Kubota sits @ the pinnacle of the small tractor market, but that market is expanding rapidly. Many players are vying and jockeying for a better position.

Kubota is perceived to deliver high quality and I accept this is an orange website, but please be realistic. Automobiles from S. Korea are making huge inroads. So are the tractors. Is the quality equivalent ? Like it or not, consumers are taking a chance. Just take a look at the RK Tractors website.
Tractors, attachments, implements, in living color, w/ prices and features in bold view. NO $ haggling, some folks prefer that approach.

I did NOT start this thread, highlighting the issues selling a practically new, yet still used tractor. But the presence of zero percent interest is NOT the only contributing factor. The fact that a $$ service charge is baked into that zero rate does not seem a deterrent, yet competing brands may be a consideration.

I like MY KUBOTA, but next time around, if a HUGE brand $ disparity exists, NOT sure I could ignore the temptation.

The only advantage the OP may present is saving a buyer sales tax where applicable, likely not enough incentive, offset by NO WARRANTY!

And the domestic VS foreign argument is irrelevant, all the <100 hp stuff is foreign if you discount specialty makers like Powertrac and Ventrac.
(Know deere states made in Georgia, but components are produced worldwide}

So, just another long winded opinion...….

shiraz627

Equipment
BX23S Piranha toothbar, Underarmor, PFL1242 pallet forks, BXpanded thumb, ripper
Aug 1, 2018
Kingsland. GA
I have been looking for a used BX25 TLB and everything that I looked at had issues and the prices were outrageous for what they had. None of them were well taken care of. Went to the dealer on Friday, was pleasantly surprised with the price and 0% for an attractive deal with no issues.

ZTMAN

Equipment
BX2380
Aug 26, 2018
South Central Pa
That's not true here in the states. It's 0% rounded out to the penny.
Who's adding the 9%.....Canada?
Must be a Canadian thing. I just finished a three week quest for a tractor. Kubota was the only company that did not increase the sales price because of zero percent financing. For a BX machine, same price. For the larger machines, they give a $200 cash discount.

One of the competitors quoted a cash vs 84 month financing difference of $3,500

Firefighterontheside

Equipment
1997 Kubota L4200
May 24, 2018
DeSoto Mo USA
With trucks, I buy new, because I know I’ll put a lot of miles on and get my moneys worth. I’ll sell when the value is still fair,y high. With tractors I buy used. 0% financing is not going to make me buy a $30,000 tractor when I can buy one with 1500 hours and it probably still last me the rest of my life. Unfortunately when you buy new and sell within a few years you take a big loss. The fastest depreciation is while you are driving it off the lot. It instantly became a used truck or tractor.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Is the kubota 0% predicated on buying insurance through Kubota as well?

Or can the insurance be purchased on the open market?

Cglaza

Equipment
L2500DT, BX2380, G6200H
Aug 30, 2015
Freeland, mi
Is the kubota 0% predicated on buying insurance through Kubota as well?

Or can the insurance be purchased on the open market?
You can go open market as long as it meets the requirements of the Kubota financing.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk