Need some trade in advice

kris77

Jun 9, 2016
CA
Bought a 2370 last summer. Passed on the 25D because I didnt think i'd need the hoe. I've needed it 100 times since then of course. Thinking about trading the 2370 on a 23S.

Am i gonna lose my butt on the trade since its so new? I have less than 120 hrs on it.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Bought a 2370 last summer. Passed on the 25D because I didnt think i'd need the hoe. I've needed it 100 times since then of course. Thinking about trading the 2370 on a 23S.

Am i gonna lose my butt on the trade since its so new? I have less than 120 hrs on it.
Look online for current "prices" of a slightly used 2370......and think you might undercut the other units.

A dealer will not match what you will get selling privately - BUT with the dealer, you are in and out, they buy old and you get the new.

the 23s is the shyyyyyttt too - I have the 25D and no, not gonna trade, but several features on the 23s are fantastic.

Depended on your patience to sell privately and your willingness to wait for the sale online or to a friend will determine the final difference in price.

AS for losing your butt.......how much is the butt worth?:eek::)

I would say you will be out......2K maybe 3K. Assuming you have a FEL on the 2370. Thats just a SWAG

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
I had a 200 hour 2320HSD with FLE, mower, and snow blower. Dealer offered $12,500 as a trade in. I sold it off craigslist in a week for $16,000. If your in no big hurry, and depending on the market in your area, you can probably do better selling it yourself. And this coming from some one who hates to haggle and sell stuff.

When I looked at slightly used Kubota tractors in my area they were all very high (almost what new price was). I looked around and I think I set my price fair. The dealer even suggested selling it myself and said I should be able to get a fair bit more than he could offer.

Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

skohler

Aug 4, 2014
Gettysburg, PA
Not sure if you have to pay sales tax, but perhaps trading it in will offset the taxable amount on the total. May not make enough of a difference if you can get quite a bit more selling private. I have only purchased my one tractor and plan to keep it a long time so I don't have any experience trading one in.

I can say when I was shopping the used market seemed like these keep a healthy value. Seemed as though if a new one was $20k, a used one in similar size with <500 hours was maybe $17k. Not bad. Of course your location may dictate used cost.

I've had mine for 5 years now and still enjoy firing it up and finding things to do! In the long run, if there is a model you want to trade up and make your life easier, hard to imagine you would regret it over a few thousand dollars. Especially if you use it a lot.