problem areas for the RTV1100

skohler

Aug 4, 2014
Gettysburg, PA
Looking to pick up an RTV1100 in the next few months, mainly for stuff around the farm and hauling.

I have seen a few used ones around me in the 2009-2012 time frame that are within my budget with hours from 500-2000. Are there any common problem areas with these machines? I have a ZD331 and L3800 so am familiar with Kubota. Just want to avoid major problems if there are models that turned out to have big issues.

Thanks!

I think it could be beneficial if there was a separate RTV forum as these seem to be quite popular and may have unique issues separate from the tractors.

Ramos

Equipment
1870-1, LA203A, RCK54
Feb 25, 2016
Sherman County, Oregon
We have a 2009 RTV1100 with just over 1,000 hours. It has treated us very well. Other than fluids and filters, the only repairs have been CV joint boots. Some due to rot and some were victims of sticks or other sharp objects. I have no idea what issues are common on units not receiving regular maintenance.

A sort-of neighbor has a 2008 RTV900 and has ongoing cooling issues. Radiator and cooling fan are arranged differently than ours. Not sure if this would also apply to pre 2009 1100.

I am confident that we will be running ours for a good many years to come.

skohler

Aug 4, 2014
Gettysburg, PA
Thanks Ramos- that was the kind of info I was looking for. Now that these units have a few years on them it is nice to see what was problematic and what has been solid. Kubota builds good stuff, but some innovations or products don't pan out in the long run. I don't need brand new stuff, so I like the benefit of knowing the history of a model.

Any other comments or issues are welcome.