Hydraulic gauge kits for testing HST and pump relief pressure

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
This may have been noted previously....... Many here buy a gauge and adapter to plug into a quick connect or tee to check their relief pressure for about $30 or so. Whilst most won't go much further and look into their HST pressures, I thought I'd mention some very cheap kits on ebay for this purpose. I purchased something similar a little while ago, albeit a lot dearer than these kits unfortunately, and I think I added one more low pressure gauge as well, and a couple of other threaded adapters to suit my machine so I could look at a couple of pressures simultaneously. I think my hoses were 2 metres long in the kit. So if any of you are going to go past the main pump relief, or want the flexibility of a gauge and hose setup, have a look at these kits starting at $53 delivered for 2 gauges, 2 hoses, 4 adapters, ~$70 for 3 + 3 + 6
There are many others on ebay, here is just a couple. And you would still need to buy a QC adapter, as well as checking you get threads for your tractor and suitable pressure gauges. YMMV

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272782378540
https://www.ebay.com/itm/272780444979
https://www.ebay.com/itm/182880415492

Last edited:

100 td

Equipment
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
You just have to wonder how accurate these cheap gauges are?
Yes one does, but since everything is made in China these days, and without having a certified test rig it would be hard to check these or any others. I'm not saying these are any good, I said they are cheap, and I’m not offering them, I just said that they, and many others are available via ebay.
But cheap alone doesn't necessarily make them bad, although they could be. I wonder what percentage of gauges sold in the US are actually sourced from China?
By the way, I'm not trying to take any business away from you, I have for the first time looked at what you are selling, I don't think your prices are unreasonable, you have to procure, assemble, pay staff, warehouse, offer warranty, mark up as you have a business to run etc., and you have them stateside ready to go for customers. If you read the second post in the following thread you'll see where I'm coming from.
www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33536

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Even good gauges should have their calibration checked. Just getting dropped during shipping can knock them off.

100 td

Equipment
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
And as previously noted, those who are buying these kits will still need to separately order QC connectors, and thoroughly check specifications and make sure they get the correct threaded adapters and gauges that they need. This will also add cost and time, so the easiest way for the majority who want to just check their hydraulic pressure only, would still be to buy an off the shelf unit which has been made up to suit their tractor from a reputable supplier.