Snow plow only angles left

SCYCLE

Equipment
L3000DT, LA450S FEL
Oct 25, 2017
Oxford,NY,USA
On my L3000DT with a LA450S FEL I added a Prince DS1A1D diverter valve in an attempt to operate an Agco 84" snow/dozer blade. I ran lines to the FEL cross tube with quick connects, but it will only angle to the left and now I have discovered it is because of the regen in the loader valve. I am looking for the best option to correct this issue without spending a lot more than I have invested in the plow and hydraulics, especially the hoses. This is my first experience working with hydraulics so I'm learning as I go. I did find this http://www.surpluscenter.com/Brands/Brand/2-Spool-Compact-10-GPM-Joystick-Control-Valve-9-7401.axd as a possible replacement. I'm not sure if my current valve is open or closed center and if the power beyond is used. Any info would be great.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Push the lever all the way to the right and the plow will angle to the right.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Then you may have a problem with one of the hydraulic connectors not seating properly or a problem with the control valve. When you have the fel on the tractor, can you put the bucket on the ground and lift the front end of the tractor by rolling the bucket forward? When the bucket tilt control works properly, moving the lever slowly to the right connects the top and bottom ports of the cylinder so the bucket slowly tips forward with gravity. Only when you move the lever hard against the stop does it put hydraulic pressure on the cylinder. That is why you have to move the lever hard right to angle a snow plow or turn an hydraulic snowblower chute.
First check the lever linkage and the hydraulic connectors, then test with the fel to see if you can lift the tractor.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You do not need to change the loader valve to make it work!

Why don't we start with pictures or drawling of how you hooked up the diverter valve please!

And it doesn't matter if there is a detent or not on the FEL valve, if it has regen, it will work.

Last edited:

SCYCLE

Equipment
L3000DT, LA450S FEL
Oct 25, 2017
Oxford,NY,USA
I have tried moving the joystick slowly and completely to the right, plow does not move, but the hoses flex. Changed the quick connects and I have not tried to lift the tractor with the roll/dump lately but I have before. I will get better pics of the setup but basically interrupted the curl and dump circuit with the DS1A1D selector valve. Ran those to the valve then one side of the valve to the original curl and dump steel lines and the other side of the valve to the FEL cross tube with hoses and quick connects. That parts was fairly basic even for a hydraulic novice I thought. I have included one pic of the loader valve labeled with what I know, but there are 3 lines I am curious about. The 3 lines in question weren't involved in this installation, I am just wondering what their designation is for my own information. Which one is power beyond, return, high pressure, low pressure, input, etc? The other pic shows the function diagram of the control valve.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
One other thing comes to mind, do the cylinders on the blade have one hose per cylinder or two?

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
We covered this question from the same OP on the TBN forum, the L series machines have 3-way valve so regent is active all the time in the dump (joystick right) position.
He was given many solutions from using the diverter on the lift/lower circuit to adding a new valve stack. I guess he is is looking for different answers here...

Your system is open center, and it should have 7 hoses connected so it does use the PB/BYD (power beyond) port to feed the rockshaft valve.

Last edited:

SCYCLE

Equipment
L3000DT, LA450S FEL
Oct 25, 2017
Oxford,NY,USA
Sorry for the duplicate post Kenny, but I just found OTT and thought I would continue with more and different questions on a forum specific to Kubota. I think I am going to replace my loader valve with the LV22RFSTKAB that has the bucket tip (plow angle right) function as well as regen. I am still looking to get the 3 hoses identified in the picture above so I can hook up the new valve correctly. I am also wondering what the manifold block is under the seat that has 2 lines from the loader valve connected to it. There is a 3rd hose from the loader valve going to the top of the 3-pt that I'm curious about.

SCYCLE

Equipment
L3000DT, LA450S FEL
Oct 25, 2017
Oxford,NY,USA
Talked to Kubota dealer, he said the LV22 valve wouldn't work like it's supposed to, but I don't understand why not. He said use a single spool open center valve connected to the power beyond then run the two lines up front for the plow remotes. Not sure though which hoses are which in my pics above and not sure if I need the power beyond adapter in the new single spool valve. The front of my loader valve is marked in and out and the hose connected to the "in" line goes to the block under the seat and the "out" hose goes to the top of the 3-pt. So I'm guessing the other hose with green tape also going to the block under the seat is the power beyond.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Talked to Kubota dealer, he said the LV22 valve wouldn't work like it's supposed to, but I don't understand why not. He said use a single spool open center valve connected to the power beyond then run the two lines up front for the plow remotes. Not sure though which hoses are which in my pics above and not sure if I need the power beyond adapter in the new single spool valve. The front of my loader valve is marked in and out and the hose connected to the "in" line goes to the block under the seat and the "out" hose goes to the top of the 3-pt. So I'm guessing the other hose with green tape also going to the block under the seat is the power beyond.
The 2 lines under the seat are Power out and PB (power back in).
and the line to the rear is Tank.
So yes you are right about the lines.

Get an open center valve (Mechanical or Electric) and pipe the (in on new valve) to the PB off FEL valve and (out of new valve ) back to the PB on the tractor and you'll be golden.

Last edited:

SCYCLE

Equipment
L3000DT, LA450S FEL
Oct 25, 2017
Oxford,NY,USA