B6100E hydro opinion needed

Sgtwal

Jun 9, 2014
Terre Haute, IN.
I finally have the old girl up and running again but it has a quirk in the hydro system.
The 3 point comes up strong when cold and holds as long as it is left in place. To me that means the piston has no problems, as a worn piston should bleed off. This one does not. At the same time if the pump was bad I would expect slow or weak lifting but some consistency.
Once the tractor trany gets hot the hydro stop working. The attachment will drop no matter which way the control lever is moved and will not come back up.
At times the arms will move slightly but at any resistance they stop.
Shut down for 15 minutes and the hydro comes back enough to lift something light like the plow but not the mower deck.
Shut down for an hour and you can lift the deck but if you drop it again it will not lift again until it "rests" again.
Let it set a couple hours and cool down and the cycle starts over.
I'm suspicious of the control valve having bad O rings that loose the seal when the housing gets hot and expands.
Any other ideas?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There is a part that will do everything you are explaining when it fails, the relief valve, as it heats up it gets weak and the pressure will drop as it will stay open.
I would look at that first. ;)