L245 radiator cushion bolts

L245dtRCA

Equipment
L245dt, box scraper, 6 way blade, FEL, 4'Howse rotary mower
Jul 18, 2018
Molalla, Oregon
15108 72380

these bolts seem to be tapered so they'll fit into the threads on the radiator support

need to replace one as a previous owner had "innovated".

My mechanic (auto, diesel) invited me to bring the old radiator to be re-cored. he even scolded me when I called again to ask if HE would be doing that work. "Yes, as I told you last week when you called".

So they called saying its ready, I get there and they have a different "new" (obviously refurbished) unit and wanted $550 for it. I took it but then he didn't even offer me my old radiator. (I saw replacements online for $300??, but figured repair would be less)

I paid it, took my old one and new one and now working on putting it back on the tractor.

thoughts?

I feel I should have refused the new one on principal (didn't call me, etc) but I want my tractor back, so I bit the bullet.

Now I just need a bolt!

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
Hello
Yes you can buy cheaper radiator online. $200 up. It depends what he supplied you with. When I take a radiator in for repair I expect a phone call. Is the radiator repairable or is it junk. What is the cost of the repair. No surprises. If you send me a PM with your address I will send you a bolt.
Good luck Lance

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
L245dtRCA, with a mechanic like that, "My mechanic (auto, diesel) invited me to bring the old radiator to be re-cored. he even scolded me when I called again to ask if HE would be doing that work. "Yes, as I told you last week when you called". " I'd be finding a new mechanic, never to visit his shop again.

If someone belittles you for asking for details, avoid their service. Simple as that. You're their boss, you are hiring them to do work. If they can't be civil in communications don't deal with them. They will soon be out of business if they continually treat folks like that!