Leaking auxiliary/remote cylinder valve

Farmer Tom

Equipment
M4700 tractor
Sep 30, 2019
Columbus Ohio USA
The tractor is an M4700 '98 model. All of a sudden the remote auxiliary cylinder control valve started leaking hydraulic fluid out of the bottom of the valve through a small hole in the bottom cover plate. From what I can tell from the parts book, it is a new style valve. Is there a rebuild kit available for this valve, or do I have to buy a new $$$$ valve? (I hope not), or can a hydraulic repair shop rebuild it for me (none real close around me). I hope you experienced Kubota hydraulic experts out there who can/will give me some guidance on this problem. Thanks in advance!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There is 18 possible remote valves for that tractor model, and yes they are all different.
First is it a single or are there more than one?

We need to know what type it is.

Pictures of the valve would help too.

Farmer Tom

Equipment
M4700 tractor
Sep 30, 2019
Columbus Ohio USA
Oh my gosh! That many? WOW!
There is only one auxiliary valve unit set up on the tractor with one set of "in-out" couplers to operate only "one" dual-acting remote cylinder. I'll try to upload a picture if I can but got to get one first.
Thanks for getting back with me on this. Curious, is there any way to plumb in an aftermarket valve and lines to replace this one and just plug off the original?
Thanks again.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There should be parts available to fix it, but yes if you wanted to remove it you could, but the alternative setup would be bulky and no near as clean of a setup.

Farmer Tom

Equipment
M4700 tractor
Sep 30, 2019
Columbus Ohio USA
Yep, I think you are right; just bite the bullet and get it fixed. Going to see my dealer and turn the problem over to them for a fix ($$$$ ouch)! Thanks for your input.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yep, I think you are right; just bite the bullet and get it fixed. Going to see my dealer and turn the problem over to them for a fix ($$$$ ouch)! Thanks for your input.
Ok, I think it's something most competent mechanical people could do, but we all know our own limits.

Let us know how it works out for you. ;)