Radio installation??

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
don't need no installation kit. Most single DIN radio's come with the little square shell that you put into the hole of the tractor, then the radio clips into it.

you may want to pick up a harness adapter, or cut the original plug off and hardwire it on your own if you have that knowledge

the factory speakers suck, but it doesn't really matter that much because of the way the roof is designed, you're never gonna get great sound quality anyway. Plus the tractor's cabin isn't condusive to good acoustics in that aspect.

take the roof off. Just a few screws from the bottom, and the roof is not as heavy as it looks. I take them off by myself, no help needed but I'm a little taller than "most" folks (6'7"). When you have the roof off you can clean stuff up there. Makes installing the radio a lot easier in my opinion.

Reactions: 1 user

Broncoduecer

Equipment
L5240HST-3
Mar 10, 2024
MT
Lugbolt - thanks for the reply to my post. To my surprise that little square shell wouldn’t fit in the bracket that was in the tractor. The my new radio square shell was a bit too large(height wise). I tried to cram it in there but it started to bend it.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Lugbolt - thanks for the reply to my post. To my surprise that little square shell wouldn’t fit in the bracket that was in the tractor. The my new radio square shell was a bit too large(height wise). I tried to cram it in there but it started to bend it.
interesting. I did a bunch of single DIN installations on M and L series cabin tractors and have never run into this issue. They are TIGHT, but they always fit. They have to be tight, if they aren't the radio flops around in the hole.