Blowing black smoke no power???

Tsnead

Mar 14, 2011
Cleveland tx
I have a 2002 26hp kubota it started all at once pouring black smoke and lost most of it's power ? I changed air filter and checked for blockage ? Changed fuel filter still no luck ! I do not know how to check my injectors or pump any suggestions would help .... Except for taking it to the shop!!

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
Is the tractor at idle? Does the RPM increase if you give it more fuel? You may have a decompression knob/lever that is partially engaged, that would rob power. Black smoke means you are burning lots of fuel, or not getting enough air into the motor to cause complete combustion of the fuel in the cylinder.

Tsnead

Mar 14, 2011
Cleveland tx
It smokes at idle some but the more rpms the more it smokes it revs up ok but I was driving it I had it to the floor and managed to crawl back to the house with it? The longer u run it the worst it gets?

Tsnead

Mar 14, 2011
Cleveland tx
It is a 2002 L2600DT it has 527 hours on it . I have never had any problems with it it has been a great little tractor ! I have change the oil regular and the fuel filter that's it. It has had the tip nicked of the muffler I do keep a can on it to keep the rain out ! It has blown off a time or two in the past but it started right up ! It has been sitting all winter I went out a few days ago and it fired right up . I have a cutter on the back but I never engaged the pto ? The lift worked fine so I headed out back and it started pouring black smoke and lost all power I was able to turn around and barely limp it back to the house ?? It felt like it was running on 1 cylinder if that ? I started it up a day later it started pouring black smoke when u accelerate and it will only get to about 1900rpms ????

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsnead

Mar 14, 2011
Cleveland tx
I tried it again after sitting for a while u can give it full trottle and hold It there it goes to around 2500rpms . If u sit there it slowly drops down till it get to about 1500rpms then the motor starts knocking or pinging ??? A the while it's pouring black smoke??

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
I tried it again after sitting for a while u can give it full trottle and hold It there it goes to around 2500rpms . If u sit there it slowly drops down till it get to about 1500rpms then the motor starts knocking or pinging ??? A the while it's pouring black smoke??
Do you have a mouse nest in the air intake?:eek: Check/change the fuel filter again.

Tsnead

Mar 14, 2011
Cleveland tx
I have taken the air breather apart and the hose all the way into the intake it's clear ? I just put a new fuel filter on no change?

RDR

Equipment
M5400,B6100E,K008,L175,TG1860Diesel,JD355D,3)Leyland 154D's,YM2000,IH1466
Oct 13, 2009
Danevang, Tx.
My first thought is something in the hydraulic system causing it to build up too much pressure and bog the engine down. I had an 1135 Massey Ferguson blow black smoke and bog down. Turned out the fuel filters were plugged up. Only thing I could think is it was over fueling some cylinders and not getting any to others. Can't blame that on yours since you have changed the filter. How is the fuel flow out of the tank. Is the tank screen plugged up? Good luck.

You are the closest to my area from what I have seen in here so far.

northern hunter

Equipment
b7100hst-d
Mar 2, 2011
Becker, Mn
Your have fuel delivery issues either in the pump or injectors ! As you bring on the fuel its metering alright but then something is not holding back fuel as rpms are held. I would have to say its a injecters!

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
There is no good safe way for you to test them at home. remove them and take them to a shop who has a tester.

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
I have my doubts it is the injectors. I'll bet something went wonky in the IP.
Have you checked that the return is open?

RDR

Equipment
M5400,B6100E,K008,L175,TG1860Diesel,JD355D,3)Leyland 154D's,YM2000,IH1466
Oct 13, 2009
Danevang, Tx.
Just to be a smart a$$ I could say Internet Provider, but I would think it is injector pump.

Tsnead

Mar 14, 2011
Cleveland tx
I drained the tank got another fuel filter and filled it up with new diesel?ran it for 15 minutes and still no change!I also checked the flow from the gas tank and it was good ! Is there a way to check the injection pump?

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
If you do test the injectors Vic's way be VERY careful that you keep well away from the spray. It has more than enough pressure to penetrate well into your flesh and will cause severe blood poisoning! I have tested injectors this way in the field but I didn't suggest it because of the extreme danger. I suggest it is time you took this tractor to a professional before something goes BOOM!
Ed

Tsnead

Mar 14, 2011
Cleveland tx
I did as u said carefully with the injectors all three were spraying well and uniformed . They seemed to have good pressure ?? Is there anything else I can try????