$400! Are you serious???

dkc923

Equipment
m7060 cab, b2601, kx080-4, l305
Oct 11, 2013
South Louisiana
Hello guys been a while since I’ve been on here. Good to be back. I have a B2710 with a RCK60-27B deck mower under that I’m having some trouble with. The issue is the mounting brackets that mount the gearbox to the deck keep sheering off. I have already replaced them once and they did it again so I welded them back together an done ot has sheared behind the weld. With the tractor off the gearbox and pulleys spin freely and feel smooth so I don’t believe there is an issue with the gearbox. I think my trouble may be that there is a ton of slack in the ujoint of the driveshaft that drives the gearbox. I’m thinking maybe with all that slack it is vibrating badly and causing those brackets to break. So I looked online at replacing the shaft and the shaft is $400 from Kubota. I was hoping to maybe just be able to change the joint and be good to go but from what I can tell Kubota doesn’t sell just that ujoint (hopefully I’m wrong). Any of you guys happen to know a better option? I wouldn’t mind replacing the whole shaft if I could find it for a reasonable price. Not sure if tractor supply has the small ones like that as it’s not your normal size PTO it’s a good bit smaller. Thanks for the help!

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Typically the individual parts that make up the shaft are available individually.

Even if it doesn't resolve you bracket breaking issue, it's a good idea to fix the shaft before shaft failure causes even bigger problems.

Part diagrams can be found here after navigating through all the prompts: https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Typically the individual parts that make up the shaft are available individually.

Even if it doesn't resolve you bracket breaking issue, it's a good idea to fix the shaft before shaft failure causes even bigger problems.

Part diagrams can be found here after navigating through all the prompts: https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/
Bingo.

A few months ago, I saw a B series in the shop at my dealers that had been split to repair/replace the mid PTO that had been damaged when the MMM PTO driveline failed due to lack of grease.

Expensive repair.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Go to a driveline shop. I've had to rebuild several pto shafts and only one part had to be ordered from the dealer.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Bingo.

A few months ago, I saw a B series in the shop at my dealers that had been split to repair/replace the mid PTO that had been damaged when the MMM PTO driveline failed due to lack of grease.

Expensive repair.
Grease is always cheaper than repair / replace. Besides, gets your fingernails dirty...:D

dkc923

Equipment
m7060 cab, b2601, kx080-4, l305
Oct 11, 2013
South Louisiana
Thanks for the help guys. Gonna pull it off tomorrow and hopefully it’s just the ujoint and I can get one and replace it.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
If it's been vibrating/loose for any length of time, when you pull the shaft, inspect the spline joint. Where the two shafts slide together. They could be loose and if they are, the shaft will wobble-and the only thing you can do is replace both halves.

Had this issue on my G1900. Slip spline worn. Yes it was expensive, but so is a gearbox ;)

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
When removing the shaft also inspect the mid PTO shaft for leaks or shaft play. If the shaft has been vibrating it can be hard on the bearings that support the pto shaft (tractor side).