$300 For 50 hour service on L2501

jtboney1

Equipment
L2501
Jul 11, 2018
Mobile, Alabama
Yep. that's the place. I have a camp in Vinegar Bend, AL. It's easier to haul it up the road then back to Mobile. I've never bought anything there. They've serviced my tractor twice and both were good experiences. I had a bad experience with the dealer in Baldwin county where I bought my tractor. I go out of my way not to go there.
I bought this one at Toomey in Theodore. They seem like pretty good people.

bambam31

Equipment
L3800HST 4x4,R1,FEL, 6'disc, 5'bush hog,piranhaTB,6'grader,6'rake, 48"forks
Apr 3, 2014
Mobile, AL
I bought this one at Toomey in Theodore. They seem like pretty good people.
Agree. They just didn't have the model I wanted in stock at the time. Otherwise, I would have purchased it from them.

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
I know the filters are expensive but they cost exactly the same at my dealer that a sponsor on another site advertises on. (Messick Tractor)
Where can I go to save the 25% plus on Kubota filters??
I'm also curious.

I think you got out alright price wise. Parts seem to be equal to my dealers prices, which is close to or slightly less than Messick's.

Messick's just turns me off with their starting @ $15 shipping fee. I've bought from them before and will again for sure, but I'm using the dealer more.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I pay about the Messick's list price locally, but no shipping of course, so I'm ahead.
I literally drive by the local dealer to/from work. If it were a long/special trip, I would mail order too.
Only things I would have done differently is skip air and fuel filters, but might have done front axle. That's small potatoes and not a big deal at all.

I much prefer changing this stuff more frequently than necessary....jtboney was happy with it, and that's what counts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
next time you'll cut this in half.
That labor time is about right,time wise. You'll save that labor.
Those filters are overpriced at least 25%
If the OP paid similar to what is found on line from Messick's and others, can you please share how you obtain 25% reduction for Kubota parts? I'm always eager for a discount, but find the best local discount is 10% off during certain times of the year.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Comeon kids this really isn't rocket science. Muddle through it one time, end of story you will save a lot of money,,,unless that is no object ,,, and you will learn so much about your machine. And anyone that runs into trouble, this is the place for help. Me Im not that helpful but I know a few in here that know these machines inside out. DYI have fun and learn at the same time, and have that smug feeling of YUP I DID IT !!!!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
DYI have fun and learn at the same time, and have that smug feeling of YUP I DID IT !!!!
Skeets - my favorite way!

Some guys just want to make sure all is well at 50. I respect that. My 50 (really 38) did dump everything for fluids/filters. I enjoyed doing it myself. Great satisfaction as you said, and I learned a lot for future use.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I have 146hrs on my B3200 and just completed an engine oil/filter service Thanksgiving weekend. I have some time off coming up and the wife has to work so I will do a complete transmission oil/filter service and fuel filter service and change the oil in the front diff. I replaced my air filters this spring before I started mowing. Need to get replacements for both inner and outer and have them ready to go.

I really like doing the service myself. It is a great way to get to know your tractor a bit better and if something does go wrong, you may be in a position to handle it yourself vs paying to get it resolved. +1 Skeets

My dealer is around 10 miles from my house now (new location) so getting parts is not a big deal. I usually order mid week and pick them up early Saturday.

jtboney1

Equipment
L2501
Jul 11, 2018
Mobile, Alabama
I'm also curious.

I think you got out alright price wise. Parts seem to be equal to my dealers prices, which is close to or slightly less than Messick's.

Messick's just turns me off with their starting @ $15 shipping fee. I've bought from them before and will again for sure, but I'm using the dealer more.
I agree about their shipping fee. I have only ordered one part from Messick's and the little savings was gobbled up by the high shipping. In the case of the filters my dealer changed, they were EXACTLY TO THE PENNY the same as Messick's website so the shipping would have made them super expensive. I just haven't seen any reason to buy from Messick.