"identify..identify.. identify." firstly look for the Stamping NOT the stupid PLATE

koppel

Dec 15, 2009
Melbourne,Australia
"what is it,identify" Do first look for the Stamped No. NOT at the Model Plates No.

Hi all,

recently I saw some posts here asking for help in getting parts or manuals for those less that "true" kubota machines.

Well here is my 2 cents worth.

A few years back I purchased a 3/4 ton mini excavator via a importer of shipping containers.

Low and behold its great machine..

be it branded on the plate as the maker being Furukawa
and the model FX007 s/n 20468

NOW I tried and tried for a service and spares manual. No joy.. Finally rang Furukawa, in Japan, to be told it was a rebadged Kuboda KH-007.

Hunted a manual for one of these, and after getting both service and spares manuals, realized what I had be told was correct.

Then to my surprise one day when I was servicing the machine after a good washing I noticed a FUNNY distorted mark/ ridges in the paint work near the main boom pivot.

Further investigation and scraping away the covering paint lead to finding this mark

It its a deep stamping of the origional Kubota Model and Serial number.

While this is the picture of the "AFFIXED" model and s/n plate of the "rebadger".

And here is PIC of where the 'stamping' and the 'Badging' are located on my machine.

From what i can tell from an inside source in Asia.. that all machinery manufactures at least stamp their own serial identifer into the frame somewhere so that the regbadger has some tracability should major warranty issue arise.

Not sure how much this helps anyone on here, but for what its worth, I thought I would post my findings.

best regard
David

Last edited:

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Re: "identify..identify.. identify." firstly look for the Stamping NOT the stupid PLA

Wow - great find and an excellent post! This type of re-badging actually happens quite a bit and as you have experienced, leads to a lot of confusion when it comes time to make repairs.

The exact same type of re-badging is speculated to have taken place on Kubota gray market tractors destined for export into the United States and elsewhere. The orders by the court were to block all imports of Kubota tractors but "ZEN-NOH" tractors were able to slip through.

I should note that there are genuine ZEN-NOH tractors which Kubota manufactures. Then there are ZEN-NOH tractors which started off as Kubotas and then were rebranded in order to make them passable (for a while) into the United States.

Some rebrand jobs were better than others. Your Furukawa looks pretty good - very official looking! Look at this ZEN-NOH rebrand in comparison....

Attachments