B1750 hydraulic lift arms drop/ low power

Grateful Farmer

May 14, 2010
Industry, PA
I have a B1750 that has low power when lifting the hydraulic lift arms when using a post hole auger. The lift arms will lift the post hole auger up enough to drive around and keep the bit off the ground, but when digging, if the bit is only a few inches into the ground, I can not lift it up. Also when turning the tractor off, the lift arms drop under their own weight. I changed the hydraulic oil, cleaned the filter screens, and replaced the twist on filter. I also pulled the cap on the hydraulic cylinder and pulled the piston and replaced the o-ring and backer on the piston and the o-ring on the cylinder cap. The piston and cylinder looked pretty good- only small surface scratches, so I sanded them with 400 grit emory cloth and cleaned it well. The lift arms still drop when the tractor is switched off. What should I check next?

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
How long does it take for the lift arms to drop loaded or unloaded?

With low pressure to the arms and the items you have covered, then you have a leak off somewhere! Control valve could be your culprit.

Pat

Grateful Farmer

May 14, 2010
Industry, PA
I was just pushing my weight onto the hydraulic lift arms and it took maybe 15-20 secs to drop. I don't see any external leaks. Is there anything particular in the control valve that is usually the culprit?

Grateful Farmer

May 14, 2010
Industry, PA
Does anyone know of a rebuild kit for the control valve on a B1750? Also does anyone agree that if the seals on the piston and cylinder cap have been replaced, and the lift arms still drop when the tractor is off, then it must be the oil leaking back through the check valve on the control valve?