Fixed the PTO lever from kicking itself out

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
On my L2202. It has a 4 speed pto, with an H pattern. Since I only use the #1 speed, I cut me a piece of scrap pine board, and made it a kinda-sorta wedge shape, drop it in the left hand side of the H, under the shifter, when PTO is in gear , and viola, No more pop outs, when I am bush hogging. No parts bill, and no trip to get parts, LOL! Definitely non osha approved, I'm sure!:D

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
On my L2202. It has a 4 speed pto, with an H pattern. Since I only use the #1 speed, I cut me a piece of scrap pine board, and made it a kinda-sorta wedge shape, drop it in the left hand side of the H, under the shifter, when PTO is in gear , and viola, No more pop outs, when I am bush hogging. No parts bill, and no trip to get parts, LOL! Definitely non osha approved, I'm sure!:D
Excellent ! Getcha a piece of string and tie it to your wedge, that way it cant get lost if ever removed!!!:D:)

Diydave

Equipment
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
I gots a tool box to store it in. And I painted it bright pink, so if it falls out, I might be able to find it. If I hit something hard enough to knock it out, I'll prolly be dead , anyway...:D

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Good field fix. No intent to figure out the issue and permanently fix it?

Here's another field fix that didn't go so well... (at least our tractors aren't usually under military combat conditions)

"Second Naval Battle of Guadalcanal, 14***8211;15 November...
South Dakota suddenly suffered a series of electrical failures, reportedly during repairs when her chief engineer locked down a circuit breaker in violation of safety procedures, causing her circuits repeatedly to go into series, making her radar, radios, and most of her gun batteries inoperable. "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_Battle_of_Guadalcanal

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Good field fix. No intent to figure out the issue and permanently fix it?

Here's another field fix that didn't go so well... (at least our tractors aren't usually under military combat conditions)

"Second Naval Battle of Guadalcanal, 14***8211;15 November...
South Dakota suddenly suffered a series of electrical failures, reportedly during repairs when her chief engineer locked down a circuit breaker in violation of safety procedures, causing her circuits repeatedly to go into series, making her radar, radios, and most of her gun batteries inoperable. "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_Battle_of_Guadalcanal
Now that's a quick and sure way to get demoted to permanent latrine duty :rolleyes:

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Now that's a quick and sure way to get demoted to permanent latrine duty :rolleyes:
Yeah, not a good thing to happen while most of a Japanese task force is targeting you, including another Battleship (Kirishima). However, the upside was you got tagged with the 'bait' label and it let your buddy (USS Washington) sneak in for a nice surprise attack.

So, I guess the field repair sort of worked, just not like they had anticipated... :eek:

Diydave

Equipment
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
On a $1200 dollar tractor, in rough shape, I doubt I'll go tearing into it. 'Sides, nobody's shootin at me, thank the good lord...:D