Replace/Remove Glow Plug Indicator

steve179

Equipment
L2500DT w/Front Loader
Apr 27, 2015
Wanaque, NJ USA
I have a L2500DT. I replaced the Main Ignition Switch this weekend and for ease of work I tried to remove the Glow Plug Indicator to give me some more work area. I could not remove the glow plug indicator. The ignition switch was a snap - just turned the outer ring/collar counter clockwise with pliers, removed the collar and the switch came out. My buddy and I could not budge the glow plug indicator collar - we even but Liquid Wrench on it and waited a while. The collar would not move at all.

I thought maybe it was reverse treads - but that didn't work. Is there a trick or something that needs to be done to remove the indicator (i.e. Push down THEN turn)? or is this just seized on and has to be cut off?

Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated since the indicator will have to be replaced sometime this summer.

Thanks,
Steve

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Steve, you mention "glow plug indicator collar". To remove the PG indicator you need to be UNDER the dash to remove two nuts and two wires. It comes off from underneath. You don't need to remove the "collar". It only shields the hole to the indicator so you can see the glow better and perhaps protect it some.

steve179

Equipment
L2500DT w/Front Loader
Apr 27, 2015
Wanaque, NJ USA
D2CAT,

When I get back from vacation I will try again to remove the GP Indicator. Thanks so much for your assistance. The pics on the internet make it appear that there is a collar that needs to be removed just like the Ignition Switch. Thanks again.

Steve