L175 Sheet metal work ************

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
That is nice work as everyone else has said. ;)You sure took a lot of pride in your work and thats what its all about. handy

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Thanks guys. I am trying to do this Kubota proud. :D :D :D

The Kubota rattle can is pricey but this paint flows out so well that it makes a rattle job look very nice. I credit the high quality of this Kubota paint over my limited body working and painting skills. I can push a button and that is about it.

I hope this thing will look brand new when we are finished pretty soon. It sure runs like new. I'm loving this new POWER!!!!!!!!

We did use some Marine tex on some metal repairs. Nothing at all like bondo. Pain in the butt to sand out but stronger and far less porous than bondo. We also used some seam sealer that is used by body mounters. 3M makes this stuff and one would be very surprised to know where this stuff hides in machinery, truck bodies and large truck service bodies. The auto industry uses this stuff too to fill voids in body seams. The hood has a lot of this stuff in it. I will point this out when it is finished and it will look amazingly smooth and nice. Just another modern touch I put to this little project. I wanted to give it an updated look. You can let me know how you like it. :D :D :D

The white lines down the top of the hood and around the headlight panel are some uses for this sealer/filler that will smooth out the look of this hood and have a much more modern appearance.

Attachments

Last edited:

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Aqua, you sure are putting lots of pride into that poor ole girl. Can't wait to see when your done. Thanks for the detailed updates :D

tcbro

Equipment
L185, Woods L59 mower, rear blade, L-225, Kubota FEL
Mar 10, 2010
Coatesville, PA
Aquaforce,

My compliments on your patience and skill. You are doing an excellent job.

I can appreciate the fact that you want to give your L175 an updated look. Your L175 and my L185 came from the factory with the older, orange 1 color. I was hoping to repaint mine this summer and wanted to keep it the traditional lighter orange. Do you know if that color is available?

Thanks,
Tom

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Aquaforce,

My compliments on your patience and skill. You are doing an excellent job.

I can appreciate the fact that you want to give your L175 an updated look. Your L175 and my L185 came from the factory with the older, orange 1 color. I was hoping to repaint mine this summer and wanted to keep it the traditional lighter orange. Do you know if that color is available?

Thanks,
Tom
Thanks Tom. :)

At the Kubota dealer I have been going to, they have all the Kubota colors. There are more than one blue and orange and there is gray that took the place of the blue on the drivetrain.

All that to say yes I believe you can get the original color where you are too.

Show us your pics when you work on yours too. We love pics here. :D :D :D

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I shot some more paint tonight. Here are the final coats on the radiator door, the headlight bezels and the grille.

This perforated metal behind the grille is another modern touch to the little L175. I really hate seeing the battery behind the grille so this piece will look more modern and hide the battery too. It also makes this new Kubota badge stand out. :D

Here is the first coat on the left fender. It looks very nice and shiney. After the final coat it should have a slick finish.

Getting closer. :)

Attachments

Orange Tractors

Equipment
L175 w/Woods L59, Allis Chalmers WD
Jul 19, 2009
Butler, MO
Aquaforce,

Seeing your work makes me think that I need to fix the dents and ripples on mine where the previous owner hit a wall or something.

Robert

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Aquaforce,

Seeing your work makes me think that I need to fix the dents and ripples on mine where the previous owner hit a wall or something.

Robert

I just noticed where you are from. I used to live in that town many years ago when I was in grade school. I haven't been back there in somewhere over 30 years. I don't miss the snow but I miss the cool summer evenings. It is HOT round the clock here in the summer.

I got started painting when the engine blew and I fixed it. The pretty paint looked so nice I just couldn't stop. Now we will have the entire tractor painted and I don't have any regrets. I am not a body man and I don't like body work but this is looking very nice. With a dolly and hammer I think you can fix your tractor too. I used one my neighbor has and I definately am not a body man, oh did I mention I'm not a body man? :D :D :D, anyway, this looks great and it is not on my account. I'm sure you can make yours look much better with some effort and Kubota paint too. ;) ;)

Oh yea, mine was in a rollover so if yours just got scraped up it should be much easier to fix. Good luck

Last edited:

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
aquaforce you will have something to be prowd of. I know you already are but the extra work you do yourself makes you a whole lot prowder. Looks real good Looking foward to seeing completed project. handy

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
aquaforce you will have something to be prowd of. I know you already are but the extra work you do yourself makes you a whole lot prowder. Looks real good Looking foward to seeing completed project. handy

Thanks handy. :)

I have been satisfied to just use the tractor for years as it was but the poor thing was a sight. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
After I had to build the engine back I got so involved with making everything just right on the engine that momentum just carried me on with the rest.
I'm getting excited too. :D :D :D :D

Orange Tractors

Equipment
L175 w/Woods L59, Allis Chalmers WD
Jul 19, 2009
Butler, MO
I just noticed where you are from. I used to live in that town many years ago when I was in grade school. I haven't been back there in somewhere over 30 years. I don't miss the snow but I miss the cool summer evenings. It is HOT round the clock here in the summer.

I got started painting when the engine blew and I fixed it. The pretty paint looked so nice I just couldn't stop. Now we will have the entire tractor painted and I don't have any regrets. I am not a body man and I don't like body work but this is looking very nice. With a dolly and hammer I think you can fix your tractor too. I used one my neighbor has and I definately am not a body man, oh did I mention I'm not a body man? :D :D :D, anyway, this looks great and it is not on my account. I'm sure you can make yours look much better with some effort and Kubota paint too. ;) ;)

Oh yea, mine was in a rollover so if yours just got scraped up it should be much easier to fix. Good luck
Small wolrd, isn't it. I grew up South of here, I moved back to this area when I retired from the Navy.

I looked at the hood today when I got done mowing the yard, I need to use a dolly on the front, right over the haedlights, and reinforce the hinge area.

You are right it is hard to stop fixing things once you get started; but if a job needs done, you might as well do it right.

Robert

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
CAN YOU SEE A TRACTOR HERE ????????????????

Well almost anyway. :D :D

Everything is in color now but only one fender has two coats. Things did not go well with this last can of paint. It spewed and clogged till I was so pissed off. I had dry spots that I couldn't even see because of the sun and then the nozzle would spew and I would have a run. :mad: :mad: :mad: This last can of paint I got at the same place all the others came from but there had to be a problem with it. I used it so I can't take it back but I will have a firm talk with someone. If another can ruins my paint again they will eat it and get me replacement. It just chaps me to work so hard and have a NEW product mess up my work.

You can see the smooth lines where I filled in the spot welded seams. I think it looks much better and the area around the headlights just looks better without the open gap that is normally there.

Now we will have to break down one rear tire to move it over to this replacement wheel. It is done now too.

Getting there. :)

Attachments

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Aqua, very nice work bro! I don't know how you find all the time for your hobbies :confused:

By the way, I spotted something in one of your pictures :D

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA

LOL :D :D :D :D

Good eye. In pic one the engine cover/sunpad off my Formula LS is on the right and under the Summit racing bag is my 496 stroker, in pic two on the left is the manifold and riser for a Merc BBC behind the jack stands and on the right a pedestal for a captains seat is just inside the engine stand frame. The two hoses sticking up, by the Merc bellhousing you spotted, are attached to a high performance steering cylinder for the boat and the supercharger off my Buick is in the floor right in front of it.
In the next pic the box under the rags, by my engine cover, is a Bravo1 26P SS prop.

Hide and seek ;)
I don't have enough time with work, school and a law suit that we are spending time on but my father in law is a good hand. :D :D
He is going to start cleaning and waxing the SS to get it ready for the new engine soon.

As soon as I get the metal on the tractor I will drag the boat up by the shop so we can get it going.

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Got the rotten wheel replaced.
This thing was so badly rotted that every time I picked up something with the 3point I was affraid the wheel would colapse. :eek: :eek:
I got the replacement painted and took on the job of breaking down the tire and remounting it on the new wheel. :( :( WOW!!!!!! What a serious pain!! I have mounted many different kinds of tires but I have never had a tire as tight getting around the lip as this was. I bent the lip of the old wheel getting this tire off. :eek:
Going back on was not as bad though. The slick-em that I used was like chasing a bouncing football but it went on normally. Yeah :) finally some ground covered.

I moved the boat anyway. Just had to try out the new wheel so I picked up the boat and moved it. :D

Still painting the fenders and hood. Had to redo the damage from the bad paint. That crap must have been frozen. I have new paint so we will try to get the finish coats going and mount the hood and fenders.

This is one pretty wheel. Maybe I can run it in a parade. :D

Attachments