L3130 HST won’t move

sgtmauro

Apr 10, 2014
mass
Good afternoon,
I have a L3130HST with 1203 hours. The other day i was using a rear PTO driven finish mower for an hour with no problems. I went and disconnected the attachment and backed over to another attachment to connect. When i was connecting it i heard a clanking noise coming from middle to front of the tractor. I shut the machine off because it didn’t sound good. I disconnected the attachment and checked engine oil and hydraulic fluid and it all looked good. Started the tractor back up and it made the noise again. I went to move it so i could check it over better and it started making the noise. The PTO isn’t turning now the tractor won’t move forward. The FEL does still work. when i push the clutch petal in it does make a metal clanking type noise. I tried putting it in high medium and low but no movement. Any help in diagnosing would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Do you have reverse? Sounds like the HST pump might have taken a hit for what ever reason. The -Clutch- is to engage the PTO I believe?

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Good afternoon,
I have a L3130HST with 1203 hours. The other day i was using a rear PTO driven finish mower for an hour with no problems. I went and disconnected the attachment and backed over to another attachment to connect. When i was connecting it i heard a clanking noise coming from middle to front of the tractor. I shut the machine off because it didn’t sound good. I disconnected the attachment and checked engine oil and hydraulic fluid and it all looked good. Started the tractor back up and it made the noise again. I went to move it so i could check it over better and it started making the noise. The PTO isn’t turning now the tractor won’t move forward. The FEL does still work. when i push the clutch petal in it does make a metal clanking type noise. I tried putting it in high medium and low but no movement. Any help in diagnosing would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
It really sound like something bad had happened in the clutch. On the L3130 the clutch is mostly used for the PTO but it does disengage the transmission as well so if it fails you lose both the PTO and traction drive. If the HST fails the PTO continues to work.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
splines probably gone from the disk. Seen it happen once or twice. Not horribly expensive if you do it yourself, but time consuming to split it to gain access.