Piranha Toothbar

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
Initial review.

I used the bar on one of the junk piles. Got 4 buckets full out in a hurry, then uncovered a box spring. The good news is I think this thing will be able to catch it and tug it out, where the straight never would without a log chain or something. Then I took it around the house to see how it does on turf. There's gonna be a learning curve to develop any fine touch, but it dug through turf and pulled up buried bricks. It seems to be really effective. Limiting factors are- hey, this is just a BX- so not a ton of power; the rear tires are turf, so not a lot of traction; there needs to be some ballast on the 3 point; and we have light rain this morning, which hasn't amounted to anything but wet grass, so things are even more slippery with the turf tires.

I'm guessing that with the BX, a lot will be able to get done, it'll just take longer.

So, a positive report with no whining. Anyone surprised?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Now wait a minute Bill and Hokie this is a bitching thread, no compliments allowed!
I think we got the bitchin' problem .......covered....and rather thoroughly I might add.

Then again - aint nuttin finished....till its finished!:D

RVS PERF

Equipment
B2601, 54" LP Grapple, 53" Betsco flail, 14' dump trailer
May 8, 2019
North Branch, MN USA
I ordered one on 4-25. Just saw on another forum with a similar thread of complaints that someone who ordered on 4-17 got shipping confirmation yesterday. So, another r10 days or so and mine might be here. I did email them back form my order confirmation yesterday and will see if they respond.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Got mine installed last night and bumped up the relief valve pressure by 200 psi. Laid waste to some smallish brush then proceeded to a large stock pile of no. 3's that I have. No problem pushing into the pile in medium range. I was able to get a full bucket (60" light materials bucket) without any issue at all.

There was no way I could do that before with a naked bucket or with the ATI toothbar I had on before. So, I will say that the PTB was worth the wait...and the shims were an added bonus.

I do hope that BXpanded can get past their growing pains, as they appear to make a great product in the PTB.

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
wow, 19 pages on the PTB, impressive free publicity (good or bad, it's still free).
My order was placed on 4-8, but it was for something else. Looks like I'm waiting for them to fill all Y'alls PTB orders before they can get to making mine ;)

Tropical Jack

Equipment
Kubota L3301 w/ FEL & BH, tilt and trim, chipper, box blade, grading blade
Hey Freewheeler,

Since you are in their town, maybe you should run down to their shop and see what the holdup is. At least you can go pick up your item, if it ever gets finished! Hoping that you are next on the list!

Jack

Raccer

Equipment
BX23S
May 9, 2019
Kingston, TN
Ordered mine on 5-7 emailed them yesterday about when it would be shipped. Got an email back said there was a 21 day lead time. :(

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
The Piranha Toothbar seems to have become a very popular item lately. Those of us that have had the bar awhile and posted positive reviews on it probably made a difference in their sales.

Now it seems that there is a longer wait than in the past. Even though people are having to wait longer than before to receive their PTB, it is well worth the wait. Once you get to use it and experience how much work it saves you, the frustration of waiting for it will be all but forgotten.

If you posted your frustration about waiting for your order to arrive please do justice to the vendor by posting about your experience with the PTB after you have used it. I am sure that any such posts will be positive.

Have a great day!

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I ordered my PTB and some other items on 4/17 of this year and just received shipping confirmation. Part of the order shipped yesterday (5/15/19) and the PTB and the rest of the order shipped today (5/16/19). Figured I'd give them a month before I contacted them knowing that they were swamped with orders. Now I don't need to. And, yes, it was on this forum that I learned of them and their good products. Maybe they're now over the hump of the bulk orders and the wait times will start to go back to normal.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
That's it...Rub it in for the rest of us waiting a month for shipping confirmation!!! lol
Man that stinks, ordered mine one week had delivery at my door in less than 5 working days.

But, this was 3 years ago! Popularity for this item and sales must have increased.

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
I ordered one on 4-25. Just saw on another forum with a similar thread of complaints that someone who ordered on 4-17 got shipping confirmation yesterday. So, another r10 days or so and mine might be here. I did email them back form my order confirmation yesterday and will see if they respond.
From my experience and what I've read from others, you should NEVER, NEVER, NEVER email them and expect a reply within a week even. If you call them, Dawn is really nice, and Howard is a great, polite, classy guy, but a little hard to understand because of his Indian accent sometimes. If you can talk to him, I guarantee he'll work hard for you.

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
The Piranha Toothbar seems to have become a very popular item lately. Those of us that have had the bar awhile and posted positive reviews on it probably made a difference in their sales.

Now it seems that there is a longer wait than in the past. Even though people are having to wait longer than before to receive their PTB, it is well worth the wait. Once you get to use it and experience how much work it saves you, the frustration of waiting for it will be all but forgotten.

If you posted your frustration about waiting for your order to arrive please do justice to the vendor by posting about your experience with the PTB after you have used it. I am sure that any such posts will be positive.

Have a great day!

I have done them justice- in posts about the PTB and Howard and Dawn, their phone people.

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
Got mine installed last night and bumped up the relief valve pressure by 200 psi. Laid waste to some smallish brush then proceeded to a large stock pile of no. 3's that I have. No problem pushing into the pile in medium range. I was able to get a full bucket (60" light materials bucket) without any issue at all.

There was no way I could do that before with a naked bucket or with the ATI toothbar I had on before. So, I will say that the PTB was worth the wait...and the shims were an added bonus.

I do hope that BXpanded can get past their growing pains, as they appear to make a great product in the PTB.
Dirtydeed-
1. Shims?
2. Bumped up relief valve pressure- how do you do that and what are the negative consequences of doing so? One shortcoming of the BX seems to be that the bucket could use some more lift. I shoved it into that junk pile Wednesday and it wouldn't lift until I backed up some. Had the same issue last year when digging out multi-flora roses. Did I send you a PM a week or so ago?

kris77

Jun 9, 2016
CA
For those in the same boat as me, I ordered on 4/20. Just received shipping confirmation today. Delivery expected 5/20. So from my experience and the user a few post above this, it looks like a month from order to delivery right now.

Hope this thing is worth it! I have big plans for it when it finally arrives.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Dirtydeed-
1. Shims?
2. Bumped up relief valve pressure- how do you do that and what are the negative consequences of doing so? One shortcoming of the BX seems to be that the bucket could use some more lift. I shoved it into that junk pile Wednesday and it wouldn't lift until I backed up some. Had the same issue last year when digging out multi-flora roses. Did I send you a PM a week or so ago?
Easy to do. There can be some negative consequences if you increase it too much. PM sent.

attached are the two pages I couldn't attach in PM...for relief valve on your BX2200

Attachments

Last edited:

Kendrix

Equipment
BX23S, Excavator, Loader, Snow Blowing
Apr 23, 2019
PA
I placed my order 4-25 for the Tooth Bar, and excavator dolly. Nothing yet on shipping. I emailed them several times, and called them a couple times. They are hoping it ships on 5-20????