Tractor won't start

ahenthus

Equipment
B7610 ROPS, B2650 Cab
Mar 24, 2012
Upstate SC
Great (old) thread. I just replaced the original Yuasa battery on my B7610 and it wouldn't start so I checked all the normal connection culprits with no luck. I then got online and found the Kubota "ask a technician" site. After explaining the problem in detail I got to the final page and was hit with a $57 charge if I wanted the answer. I decided to research a little further and stumbled upon this thread. After reading most of it I went out and, sure enough, my PTO was engaged. I'm very familiar with this scenario over the nine years I've owned my tractor but I guess it never occurred to me because I had just installed the new battery and my mind was in ignition/electrical connection mode and not in normal operation mode. Countless times out in my pastures I have had the same problem but always check the PTO lever and find that climbing on or off the tractor I've nudged it into gear. Feel stupid? Yes! Thanks to all the Orangemen out there.
Wow! I just noticed that was my first post. After four years of reading this forum I never realized that I'd not posted yet. I bought my tractor nine years ago tomorrow for my 60th birthday. It's a great tractor and has never let me down, except when the local service station sold me six gallons of watered down off road fuel. Can't blame that on the tractor though. The guy at the service station was honest enough to own up to his error and said he'd had numerous complaints.

Randy Snoke

Equipment
2006 B3030 home made 80 gallon sprayer ( three point hitch, Lawn roller
Oct 2, 2016
Stapleton, Alabama
I am having the same issue with my B3030 a 2007 model.

One of my switches under the seat has been wired around. Still looking for the rest of the safety switches. Which brings me to my question. Is there a way to wire around all of the safety switch's ?? Yes I am very aware of the Safety Dangers here. And maybe legal issues in the event of a injury during a upset.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I am having the same issue with my B3030 a 2007 model.

One of my switches under the seat has been wired around. Still looking for the rest of the safety switches. Which brings me to my question. Is there a way to wire around all of the safety switch's ?? Yes I am very aware of the Safety Dangers here. And maybe legal issues in the event of a injury during a upset.
Yes, but why? :confused:
Why not just fix the problem with the bad switch and move on. ;)
Get the WSM and start tracing the wiring you'll get to a part called the OPC it will have several inputs for the safety switches there is where you can bypass them.

Getalife

Equipment
B2320
May 13, 2017
Castro Valley, CA
Just want to say thanks to this subject in the forum. I've been having this problem for over 2 years. Now I finally have the secret sauce. Appreciate it!:)

Podunk

Equipment
L3901
Aug 9, 2017
Enterprize WA USA
Jstarkey, you the man. I checked the battery, tried jumping, checked all the switches I knew, and checked all the fuses, and nothing, came back in to read more, and found your HSV comment, and that did the trick! Thanks! I hate the seat switch, as every time I look over my shoulder, it's so touchy it starts to stall me out, which I don't think is very safe! Thanks again!

schaeffer08

Equipment
B2150
Sep 30, 2018
Centralia, IL USA
I am hoping someone can help me. My Uncle just died and my aunt and I are trying to figure out how to use his tractor. It is a Kubota B2150 HST. I have tried everything to get to start but I don't think I have the right combination. I have the PTO in neutral and the U shape Low Medium High is in neutral position. I am sitting on the seat and pushing in the clutch. I have tried with the parking brake set and the parking brake off. Can somebody tell me what I'm missing or what steps I need to start this. Thanks so much!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
A B2150 has a clutch and yes it's the left pedal.

On that tractor the only thing required to get it to start is for the clutch pedal to be pressed, and the PTO in neutral.

When you turn the key backwards are you getting the glow plug indicator to heat?

Have you checked the battery?

rtsavage

Equipment
May 13, 2019
Banks, OR, USA
I have a 3800 that would not start. Micro switch for: seat, clutch & PTO all good. A very small grape branch got stuck in the HST Teeter/Totter forward/backward foot lever. The micro switch was disabled by ~1/16th wide stick. The switch is right/next to the 30 & 40 amp fuse below the steering wheel.

Kevin1

Equipment
Husqvarna MZT 52, BX2380,FEL, Box blade, Landscape Rake
Dec 15, 2017
New Bern, N.C.
Just went through this with my 2380. tried many of the fixes mentioned here. I found one of the wires at the starter (the wire connecter) had separated just enough to loose the connection. I believe the wire was from the key start switch.