My hydraulics project continued

jmann

Equipment
L1500dt
Aug 28, 2010
St. Joseph, MO
Planning on adding FEL and at least one remote to L1500DT. Vic had a nice article on tapping the line once, but I'm wondering how I should set up for two diff. control valves (both open-centered), one for FEL and the other for remote. I modified a pic from hoyetractor.com/remote.htm for what I'm thinking. Is this the best way? Or should/can I use a power-beyond from the first valve and only use one?

Last edited:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Jmann, keep in mind that I'm not a mechanic or anything like that but I did do a simple and clean remote addon last year that works great. I'm sure some of the other guys will jump in here if for nothing more than to make sure I don't sneak a brand name in.

If I was going to start a project like you described I would go at it like this. Start out plumbing the loader in and have it done and in working order before adding the rear remotes. The reason I say this is because the remotes are so easy to add when you already have a loader. The diagram you posted is pretty much a straight forward plan from what I can tell. I already had a loader on my 3000 but needed remotes. I took my supply line from the loader and routed it to the inlet on my new valve. Came out of the new valve back to the loader control. When the remotes are not in use the fluid just passes thru to the loader. It just takes a little longer rout. When you use the remote it robs the fluid from the loader. For a single remote set up as long as your loader supply line will reach the remote valve you only need 3 lines for the remotes. Short one from the output back to the loader and 2 that go to the rear couplers. My valve came from TSC and all the stores in my area keep these in stock. They also have a dual valve if you thought 2 sets of couplers would be needed.

I was assuming your loader already had a valve on it. If not and you didn't mind going old school with a two stick loader you could use one double and a single. Join them with a short nipple and have them mounted side by side on a single mounting plate. I'll put a couple of pics of mine. Other than the custom heat shield (rag) it's a fairly neat project. In defence of the rag I left the shop and went straight to the hay field. The lines were to hot so the rag was installed while in use.

The rear couplers I used are the push in pull out type like what most of the newer tractors come with. They cost more but are much more user friendly. They are very easy to mount. A simple U-bolt from the local auto parts store around the collar holds them fine. I hope this helps out, Bulldog.

Attachments