b2620 3pt hitch seeps down

gamesniper

Equipment
b2620 landpride 3pt finish mower 3pt landpride blade
Jul 29, 2015
Shamokin
Hi guys just purchased brand new kubota b2620 with loader I have 31 hours on it now I'm noticing that rear hitch seeps down a little when using tractor and I tried leaving implement up to ck seepage 6 hours rear blade will drop 6 inches I always leave hitch down when parking tractor but noticed blade seeping a little when using tractor it has quarter inch valve I'm not familiar with..I've been looking online and reading that seepage is normal on this system....would appreciate if anyone would answer who has this hitch control on there kubota ...called dealer and was told this is normal on quarter inch design....replies would be appreciated

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
I have a BX2370 and I believe all the BXs have the same 3 point control with the 1/4" capability. I have not specifically tested my 3 point for seeping down over time, but I have never noticed it seeping down either. My 3 point implements include a 250# rear blade and a 430# grading scraper. You didn't say how much weight you had on your 3 point when you tested it.

gamesniper

Equipment
Jul 29, 2015
Shamokin
Not sure how much weight left landpride rb1572 rear blade on last night to ck it dropped 3 inches in 2 hours and till morning it dropped 8 inches....seems to drop quicker with landpride fdr2560 finish mower on ......

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
I had my BX out today so I hung the grading scraper on the 3 point. I guess I have never left anything hanging for more than a few minutes, because I was surprised to find my 3 point drops at about the same rate as yours when loaded with the 427# grading scraper.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Hi guys just purchased brand new kubota b2620 with loader I have 31 hours on it now I'm noticing that rear hitch seeps down a little when using tractor
Some leakage/drop on the 3PH is normal when the tractor is off, especially if holding big weight. My little BX will make a "creak" sound now and then as it lowers the mower deck if I don't drop it down when parked. It's good practice to relax those mechanisms when not running.

However, I don't know what you mean by "seeps down a little," but it should hold when running, unless you're fiddling with the control arm.

Understand a little "wiggle" up-and-down might happen just as the machine is running. An 1/8 or 1/4" variation might not be an issue. There is fluid moving in many directions to move many different parts of the machine during operation.

If a 3PH attachment is constantly dropping down while running the machine - at 31 hours, the dealer needs to look at it, lest you have to deal with the issue later.

JMHO, and best of luck!

Last edited:

jnschnit

Equipment
B2601, BH70 BH, LA435 FL, RCK60-32 MMM, BX2763 Blade
May 10, 2013
newark valley new york
My B2620 3pth will bleed down when I leave it parked and not running. Don't know what the rate of decent is, but I do notice it when I leave it say parked in the barn overnight.

gamesniper

Equipment
Jul 29, 2015
Shamokin
Thanks guys for reply I used rear blade to fix driveway over weekend and noticed rear blade seeping maybe 3/4 inch when getting a bucket of stone at bottom of driveway going to top turn around to get another bucket full I noticed if I pulled up 3 pt handle blade would raise 3/4 inch ......so I ck with implement attached in up position to see if it was really leaking down ...I always put hitch down when parking the tractor....maybe rear hitch drop is normal on this quarter in valve .....more replies would b appreciated.....thanks

comfun1

Equipment
b7100 with 1630c loader
Jul 28, 2015
Independence
In 1992 I purchased a b7100 with an fel. The bucket would bleed down slowly. I thought maybe it was normal. As the years went by the rate of bleed down increased. Today the bleed down rate is in the seconds. I say, get it to the dealer to be checked out before the warranty is up.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Nature of the system, I have to bump mine up from time to time, there are a lot of threads on another site about this. Some add check chains to maintain a consistent mowing height with a rotary cutter. I believe the new B2601 has position control 3PH.

We have two BXs and just bought a John Deere 1025R with position control, of course it is more expensive to produce than quarter inching.

gamesniper

Equipment
Jul 29, 2015
Shamokin
Hi guys its been awhile since on site I just got tractor back for 3pt hitch repair dealer told me a 3pt mower hung in the up position for 2 days I'll try it out this weekend ...

gamesniper

Equipment
Jul 29, 2015
Shamokin
Well hooked up landpride finish mower 3pt tonight cut some grass checked hitch bleeds down when all the way up and tractor at idle mower will still drop 2 inches in 5 to 7 minutes I'm very discussed in a brand new tractor doing this.....anyone else having or hearing of this problem

gamesniper

Equipment
Jul 29, 2015
Shamokin
Well kubota dealer has my tractor again for 3 weeks cannot fix 3pt hitch seepage kubota rep is going dealer to diagnose problem I want a new tractor

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
These issues are very hard to diagnose. What is happening is that the cylinder is filled with oil when the lift is up. When sitting, the oil is leaking. Need to find out where the leak is, and therein lies the problem. The cylinder is internal, under the top cover kind of inside the transmission. Because it's inside, you cannot see where it's leaking from. Could be from the valve, the drop speed control or the cylinder itself...or between the valve and the cylinder (o-rings), the seals on the piston, the seals on the drop speed control. So there are a lot of places oil can leak past.

The dealer is helping you, or trying to anyway. I've not personally heard of these having big leakage problems, so that points to Kubota's RSR having to perform "exploratory surgery"...meaning, they're going to have to take it apart, replace stuff, reassemble and try it. On a B-20 series, you're looking at 4-7 hours each time and that's working pretty fast.

So you want a new one. That's a tough call, and Kubota's customer service is the only way you'll get anything done in that department. The B2620 is no longer made, so you'd have to get into a B2601 which replaces the 2620. It's also more expensive, so if Kubota were to give you a new one, you would be out the price difference at a minimum. The 2620 and 2320 were proven tractors, and honestly, knowing what I know of the 2601 and 2301, Keep what you have and get it fixed. Just my thoughts on that issue, for what it's worth. Keep in mind that when it comes to "major units" (tractors, RTV's, 4 wheelers, the big stuff), dealer's aren't like Wal-Mart in that if you don't like what you have, don't expect a refund or no hassle exchange. If that's what you want, you're going to have to work for it.

Also keep in mind that Kubota has a drop rate specification..I dont know what it is, but on loaders, 2" per hour is the accepted rate. More, and there's a leak. Less and they aren't going to spend much time trying to fix it. I'm sure the 3 point also has a specification, I just don't know what the actual rate is, whether it be 6" per hour or .5" per hour.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I find it odd, dealer had it first go round and it held. Now it doesent. They use lock valve?
As mentioned there are lots of parts in 3 pt. hard to find leaks.

gamesniper

Equipment
Jul 29, 2015
Shamokin
Dealer didn't use lock valve they know tractor has a problem because off 3pt hitch is seeping down when tractor is running also 3pt hitch cant be lifted a little only full up noise when lifting 3pt front loader bucket now seeping and tractor sometimes won't move in high range hopefully kubota can find problem it's hard to use back blade when grading do to blade seeping down dealer told me this is very od problem my tractor is the first one doing this .....I definitely know there is a problem it's only be worse with time ....this is my first brand new tractor that I bought and having issues since new

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Dealer didn't use lock valve they know tractor has a problem because off 3pt hitch is seeping down when tractor is running also 3pt hitch cant be lifted a little only full up noise when lifting 3pt front loader bucket now seeping and tractor sometimes won't move in high range hopefully kubota can find problem it's hard to use back blade when grading do to blade seeping down dealer told me this is very od problem my tractor is the first one doing this .....I definitely know there is a problem it's only be worse with time ....this is my first brand new tractor that I bought and having issues since new
If that info is correct, there are multiple problems with hundreds of possibilities. The 3 point stuff is pretty simple to anyone who's been into them before, just time consuming to find it. I am questioning why they didn't use the lock valve? That is number one thing to do in a leak-down situation...shut the lock valve off..no leak=valve problem. Still leak=every other possibility except the lock valve. Lock valve is easy to get to and fix.

I have a suspicion, but I will not go into detail. I want to know what the problem is/was and how it was addressed.

Keep us updated.

gamesniper

Equipment
Jul 29, 2015
Shamokin
Hi guys got tractor back and 3point still seeps down when idle or using tractor kabota rep said seepage is normal also I called kubota eastern division I was told there shouldn't be any seepage when tractor is running. .....after they contacted the rep that tested tractor kubota now says it's within spec for seepage. ....kubota has me very disappointed in there products do any of you have any suggestions. ....?

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Nothing unusual about a tractor with a quarter inching 3PH to leak down, it has been that way on both our Kubotas. The replacement 2601 has a position control 3PH.

Last edited:

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
Mines done this since hour #1. It's normal. Mine will make a little clunk noise every 10 min or so as it drops a mm at a time. I'd be very surprised if your dealer was able to get it to hold for two days but if they did you have a very good dealer!

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I got lucky with my B2620. My 3 pt never seeps down, nor does my steering wheel position ever change. (another complaint I've heard of.)
Around 260 hours so far.