Hydraulic question on MX4700

nansman

Equipment
MX4700
Nov 29, 2015
Cabot, AR
Greetings all. First time poster and first time Kubota owner. I was using my MX4700 to move brush and trees with the FEL. Much of the work required the FEL at maximum height. After about an hour, the FEL became real slow in speed and it lost power as well. The FEL would not lift the front wheels off the ground. I called the previous owner, and he told me to operate the FEL with the 3 point lift about a half inch or so below maximum height. I lowered the 3 point a little bit, and my power and speed to the FEL was restored. Is this normal? If not, what should I check? Any advice is appreciated.

Orange Turbo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5100, pto13000kw, Loader, Ripper,Plow,Disc,Mower,Forks,3pt spreader,Box Blade.
Feb 2, 2015
Mo
No issue with my MX5100, but never had to run it max-height for extra long periods,
I would check the fluid level and make sure its topped off, Sounds like it might be getting warm. and just, ''may-be'' If it was bought used..... wrong fluid????
Sorry, couldn't be more help.
Try replacing the HYD filter..... just a Place to start:confused:

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Feedback link out of adjustment on the 3 point hitch. I'm guessing that the engine sounds like it's bogging, or lugging a little at idle speed with the 3 point all the way up, correct?

More specifically....the lift lever (the part you move to change the 3 point hitch position) is more than likely bent ever so slightly. Bend it back, or adjust the feedback link either way works as long as there's enough adjustment in the feedback link to do it properly. You need about 3/4" free travel with the hitch in the full "up" position, in other words, adjust the feedback rod so that when the lever is moved to full up, you should be able to pick up the 3 point lower links about 3/4" to 1 full inch manually.

Wayne64SS

Equipment
'13 MX5100HST, '82 B7100HST
May 27, 2015
Duanesburg NY
This ^^^

The 3pt is misadjusted and is essentially running in hydraulic bypass all the time greatly reducing hyd power available and probably making a ton of heat.