TG1860 tension spring help

davidon

Dec 8, 2015
laytonsville
the pdf I posted is a view from the left front of the tractor...
the tensioner rides on the left side, in the little bend in the belt just back of where the line from 150 points to.
to get the tensioner over there, make sure you disengage the tensioner link that hooks on the bracket just inside the right rear wheel, you get at it from behind the tractor.
once you get the belt & tensioner in the right place & the mower deck attached, just pull on that link from behind the tractor and hook it back in the slot in the bracket. it take a good pull because you're putting quite a stretch on the tensioner spring.

This is from a different forum but I have a question about this post. How does spring attach? From tensioner link to tensioner pulley I assume but when I do this there is no tension applied to tensioner when I pull the link back into it's slot. Seems like i am missing an additional spring. Any ideas?

uglyboy

Equipment
TG1860G
Mar 8, 2013
St. George, Ontario
TG1860 belt tensioner.jpg
this pic shows the tensioner pulley that engages in the bend in the belt you describe, although it does not show the belt itself. It should help you understand how things are connected.

davidon

Dec 8, 2015
laytonsville
I am having a brain fart again..can someone actually take a pic of the drive belt on the tractor so I can get a better idea of what is going on. Sitting on tractor tensioner is to right of belts but there is not enough tension this way. If I try it on the left there is too much tension and does not feel right,

davidon

Dec 8, 2015
laytonsville
I am having a brain fart again..can someone actually take a pic of the drive belt on the tractor so I can get a better idea of what is going on. Sitting on tractor tensioner is to right of belts but there is not enough tension this way. If I try it on the left there is too much tension and does not feel right,
OK this is to remind myself for future. With belt off unhook spring pull rod and push tensioner all the way to left (if sitting on tractor) Belt loops should be on right side of tensioner. re-hook pull rod.