BX25D Suddenly Stops

Flienlow

Equipment
Kubota BX25D, Kubota U25 mini EX, SVL75,Landpride Grapple,Landpride grading scra
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
My BX25D Suddenly Stops. This just started happening.

Fuel: Full
Engine Oil: Full

Issue 1. Operation on flat ground and with no loads, it just stopped dead in Low range traveling across yard. Cranked on it. No Smoke, nothing. Just would not start. Let stand 15min, preheated GPs, Gave full throttle, started engine successfully. Shut off. Would not restart. Let sit for another 10 min, restarted successfully no further issues that day.

Issue 2. Next day went to get tractor out of garage. Preheated GPs. no start. Waited 2 minutes and tried again. Started, but noticed that restarts occasionally difficult.

Lack of smoke while cranking is interesting. Possible safety switches? I notice the SS leads came off under my seat. This happened while using backhoe. Tractor ran fine, but died when I tried to move. Found switch uplugged, and plugged back in. Worked fine until the next day (see issue 1.) I have checked that again, and it appears to be plugged in.

Other safety switches to check? Other ways I should test?

Thank you.

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
No smoke and no fire, sounds like an electrical problem. I would look for a loose wire, or faulty safety switch.
Look at the wiring going to your fuel pump. A loose wire to your fuel pump would act like this.
Good luck.

Mork

Equipment
2014 BX25D
Apr 20, 2015
Mt Pearl, NL
Check ignition switch for corrosion. Mine did the same thing. Take the switch apart, clean all contacts with emry paper and apply dielectric grease and reassemble.

Jim

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
Check ignition switch for corrosion. Mine did the same thing. Take the switch apart, clean all contacts with emry paper and apply dielectric grease and reassemble.

Jim
X2 on the ignition switch . Mine has acted up a couple times . I'm sure the contacts get a dirty/ corroded from moisture either from washing the tractor or sitting outside .

Hondahead

Mar 31, 2015
I had trouble with the safety switch under the seat. My weight would move in tricky situations and the engine would die. But it always restarted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk