G5200 Help, Please!!!

PaulW

May 22, 2015
Emmett Michigan USA
Hey, all, I have an old G5200 and the front axle has cracked and bent. I have been trying to remove this thing for a week! :mad: According to the parts drawing, I remove all of the PTO stuff, and the 4 bolts holding the front axle support to the frame, and slide it out. But the axle support will not budge!! I swear, it feels like there's something else holding it in. Anyone know what I'm missing???:confused:

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Did you pull out the grease fitting on the bottom of the axle?
It could be that that is in the groove and won't let it come out.
Other than that It could be that it's rusted or worn into the axle housing and it will take , penetrating oil, heat, or force to get it out. ;)

PaulW

May 22, 2015
Emmett Michigan USA
Did you pull out the grease fitting on the bottom of the axle?
It could be that that is in the groove and won't let it come out.
Other than that It could be that it's rusted or worn into the axle housing and it will take , penetrating oil, heat, or force to get it out. ;)
Yeah, I actually thought of that grease fitting too after looking at the drawings again, but no luck there either. I've broken all of my screwdrivers and bent 2 of my pry bars. I've used the torch, wd-40. AeroKroil, and I'm out of ideas. The deck has been gone for years, but the thing runs so good, we use it all the time for yard work, I can't just throw it away, ya know?