B7200 Hydraulics Questions

tealetm

Equipment
B7200 and B2601
Apr 20, 2015
Upstate, NY
Hi all- I just bought a house and also just bought a well used Kubota B7200HSTD (very early serial number).

I'm slowly going through the tractor getting familiar with it and getting it ready to work. It came with a 60" MMM which I've already taken off and tuned up so to speak.

Anyway, I have some hydraulic questions for you guys which I hope you can shed some light on and educate me a bit. Hold on, this is going to be wordy and confusing to read. There are really two separate issues:

1) The 3pt hitch: It works great. Up, down, etc. I've found the valve that adjusts the speed that the hitch lowers at (which does help because it was barely lowering to begin with). The hitch raises just fine (almost too fast actually), but its lowers on its own and you have to hold the lever up. That is, unless you "lock" the lever in the fully raised position (which constantly makes the arms lift even if they are already raised- why would you want this?) So here's my real question- the lever/valve on the right of the seat which control the height seems loose, and the handle "falls" to the low position if you don't hold it. Is this a symptom of the hitch lowering, or is the handle lowering causing the hitch to lower? Is there a way to tighten this up? Also, if you raise the hitch quickly the pump almost makes a grinding noise- whats that all about? I'm sure its not good and I'm unsure if its unrelated. The hydrostatic runs great- no noises no issues that I've noticed.

2) The tractor previously had a loader (too bad the previous owner sold it!) and the hydraulic lines are still there on the right hand side of the engine. I'm a bit lost (mostly uneducated) with hydraulics. There are three hoses in total at that location, one of which returns to the tank and the other two are hooked to eachother. There is a valve at the two hooked to eachother, I assume this cuts the fluid going to/from those two lines. If I'm not running anything on them, should I leave them as is? Valve on or off? Whats the third hose doing? Here are some photos if you can't understand my ramblings.

Faded old tractor:

Loader hookups: You can see the two hoses coming from the valve are hooked together, then the third hose is coming from the tank (heading to the pedals in the photo)

Closeup showing the valve controlling the two hoses hooked together:

And the other end of the third hose (rear of tractor is to the right in the photo):

CJN8

Equipment
B2650HSD, LA534 FEL, Gearmore Box Blade, Bush Hog, Cimmeron Rake
Nov 16, 2013
San Diego, CA
I have the same model, its a little workhorse.

1. The issue i had with my 3PH was that the o-ring and back up ring on the lift piston were worn flat. This caused leak down of the 3PH. It was an easy fix. Removed the seat and related brackets on top of the lift piston assembly, removed the piston cover and piston assembly, then installed a new o-ring and backup ring. I also honed the cylinder with a small engine cylinder hone to put a nice cross hatch back in the cylinder. Now the hitch will stay up for days, even with a heavy bush hog on it. Only took a few hours, very easy.

2. What you have there are the hoses that used to connect to the loader assy, most likely a 1640 quick attach loader. You can remove the hoses, put plugs in where the old hoses came out (keeps the crud out) and turn the valve handle so it is in line with the hard lines.

Have fun,
Nate

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The lever flopping around is not good and could be the whole cause of your issues.
Check that the nut is tight on the lever and maybe needs the 2 spring washers and collar replaced.

Attachments

76_Bronco

Equipment
B7200 4WD w/FEL, 4' disc, 4' Brush Hog, 14" Plow, 4' Blade, JD 246 2 row Planter
Mar 28, 2012
Rainsville, Al
I had the same problem with my b7200 when I bought it. I bent the lever to one side to give it some resistance against the slot it rides in and it stayed in place for awhile, but that was a temporary fix. I finally replaced the collar and washers as Wolfman suggested and it's worked great since.

cpalha

Equipment
B7200
Jan 5, 2020
portugal
Dear all

The tractor B7200 from my uncle needs some acceleration to raise the hidraulics, it is normal?
This should raise without acceleration?

Best regards
Carlos

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Dear all

The tractor B7200 from my uncle needs some acceleration to raise the hidraulics, it is normal?

Best regards
Carlos
The lift should raise slowly at idle speed and go up faster as the engine rpm's increase.

Dave

nocash247

Equipment
B7200
Jul 13, 2020
RI
Dear all

The tractor B7200 from my uncle needs some acceleration to raise the hydraulics, it is normal?

Best regards
Carlos
Mine did the same thing. Check the hydraulic fluid screen, it's a plug on the right side of the trans, follow the suction hydraulic line. Check your hydraulic fluid too, mine was 50% water. My hydraulic performance increased after a new screen and the fluid changes but I still have to take the tractor off of idle to lift anything and give it some decent accel to lift more than an empty bucket.