B8200 HST Steering Issue

DaveB6200

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6200 with sloppy worn FEL.
Apr 3, 2015
Cromwell, Connecticut
I know, I know....not another broken 8200 HST Mnaual steering thread! I am trying to help my uncle fix his Kubota 8200 and this is where we at.

I am hoping to keep this short and sweet as I have done some searching on here and have read quite a bit but still have questions.

Can someone please tell me if what the arrows are pointing to in this picture are what is called the "nut,ball assy"? or part of it? That is the piece that is broken off and not exactly sure what I need to order or try and find as a part replacement. I have the PDF part list break down but not Kubota knowledgeable enough to know for sure if that is what I am looking for.

Any help as always is greatly appreciated!

Dave

8200-1.jpg

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Don't have any knowledge, Dave, sorry. However, I've found myself in the same kind of predicament and found the online parts diagrams at Kubota.com to be of tremendous help in answering my puzzles.

DaveB6200

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 3, 2015
Cromwell, Connecticut
Thanks Shaun,

I have looked on there and although I think I am pretty sure that is the part I am looking for I am just not 100% as the pictures are not very clear.

Thanks Again!!
Dave

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Dave, I may have that part. I put power steering on my B8200 15 years ago. And I save everything!!! I'll have to look at the farm, if you're interested PM me.

DaveB6200

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 3, 2015
Cromwell, Connecticut
Ended up finding a new steering shaft on Ebay from kbrosusa Kumar BrosUSA after other avenues faild and so far it looks good although I will have to check the length when I get over to my uncle's and compare to the old one.

It is supposed to be the exact replacement for part number 66301-41300. Will report back after install or any other issues but wanted to post info here for any interested parties. The seller has a 100% feedback rating on 3443 sales so fingers crossed! They also sell quite a lot of other Kubota parts as well and I think many parts like this that have been discontinued from Kubota.

Tried to go through Coleman Equipment for this but after ordering I found out they don't have the part anymore after talking with sales rep even though when I ran the part number it seemed to be available.

IMG_1037.JPG

IMG_1035.JPG

IMG_1036.JPG

Last edited: