Quite muffler for B6200E

05train

Apr 20, 2015
KY
All,

To start off you have a great website here. There is a wealth of information floating around on these pages. I just purchased a 1984-85 Kubota B6200E with a 60" belly mower on it. I bought it knowing it probably needed a little tlc. I believe it has been taken pretty good care of, but it is an older machine and with that comes maintenance. Thus far I have totally serviced the machine, all filters and fluids. I have adjusted the valves, had the radiator re-cored, and replaced the clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing. I have mowed a few times with it now and it really provides a nice cut. I mow about four acres weekly. Someone down lifes way has replaced the o.e.m. muffler with what appears to be a 1.5" glass pack type muffler. Turning the engine at 2500 rpm with that sucker screaming in your face for two hours is deafening. I really need to quite the ole girl down. Can any of you offer any insight on the aftermarket mufflers that are available in regard to the noise level? I would like to have something close to stock as my bride likes to mow once and again as well. I see some on the net that look like the stock muffler from the outside, but I have no idea what the inner construction is like. They are made by companies like Ai and walker. They are sold through ebay, agri supply, and rural king etc. Thanks for any feedback.