Tilt Not Working Properly! Please Help!!

Stitchit1

Jul 27, 2014
Cheboygan, Mi
Updated with Video: Tilt Not Working Properly! Please Help!!

When I'm at regular rpm and am tilting the grapple by pulling joystick all the way to the left, it travels as it would normally until it gets about 5/8 thru to the top. Then, it slows down real slow, and then picks up speed just before reaching the top. When I have a decent load in the grapple, it just barely moves. Can you tell me what to check? I also noticed when I have a full load in the grapple, and I'm not moving, when I go to turn to either direction it's like the steering is "sticky". I checked the fluid, & I thought it was low as I couldn't see a bubble at all in it. Then I added some and I can barely see the bubble at the top. I'm hoping I don't have too much in it now. But it made no difference. It's still slow at tgat same point when tilting the grapple. Everything else seems to work like normal.

It now will not even tilt when I have a load in the grapple.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You!

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
When was the last time the filters were changed??

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
I don't have a grapple, and I'm not knowledgeable about their systems, but I can't envision a way you could get an air lock. If you suspect air, extend all your cylinders (lift, curl, squeeze) to get them all out together (doesn't have to be simultaneous, one-at-a-time is okay, and easiest when warm, though that sounds unlikely in your circumstances). When you retract them, any air should have been purged (but I usually do it two or three times).

Hopefully one of the gurus will come soon and give some good advice.

Stitchit1

Jul 27, 2014
Cheboygan, Mi
Thanks Shaun. It never fails it seems... Have today and tomorrow, good weather, have my son helping me, and just like clockwork, the tractor is down.

I'm hoping someone will know soon too, for sure. I sent a message to Wolfman, hoping he stops by tonight.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If it just started all of the sudden I would suspect the linkage on the control stick, check that first. ;)

Stitchit1

Jul 27, 2014
Cheboygan, Mi

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I built a grapple on the pallet forks, operators would get rough and bend/break something every time they used it. I could run it all day and have no issues.
Sometimes trying to press the limits of a machine will cause weakest link to fail.
Cylinders are the weakest link. Now what operation caused this, pulling with the grapple? Hard to say. Hydraulics should not have bent cyls,unless pressure was cranked up.
1500 cdn will get new cylinders. Not much close as far as aftermarket goes.