l3901 gear oil level

T Man

Equipment
Oct 17, 2014
SE Kansas
How do I check the gear oil level in a non hst 3901? I found the plug but I'm blind without a dipstick. One of the loader fittings was only finger tight from the dealer, a fact I found out while pushing a burn pile the other day. I lost some oil but I have no idea how much. Also found out the dealer didn't install the battery hold down on our new tractor. Grrr

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Kubota would have a cow if it found out a dealer wasn't following proper built procedure. I'd have some words for the dealer and ask them to have their senior mechanic double check the build up, and fix all the problems caused by the lack of a proper build.

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
should be a sight glass near your left foot if on the tractor. Hop off and look for it, should be easy to spot. You must be on level ground to get a good sight. If it's bright white, you're low. If it has a yellowoish tint, its full.

T Man

Equipment
Oct 17, 2014
SE Kansas
Kubota would have a cow if it found out a dealer wasn't following proper built procedure. I'd have some words for the dealer and ask them to have their senior mechanic double check the build up, and fix all the problems caused by the lack of a proper build.
It would be nice, but our dealer is 45 mminutes away and we currently don't have a truck legally capable of towing the trailer. (KS won't let commercially tagged trucks pull non commercially tagged trailers and we haven't had time to tag our trailer yet.)

I'll check the sight glass when I get back to the shop.