Kubota M135GX

Snowman2017

Feb 22, 2020
Fredericton NB
My tractor has 1400 hours on it. Last winter it performed flawlessly. It sat all summer. I had it serviced and put it back to work this winter. I have two issues and hoping for some advice as the dealer can't seem to fix;

1. Keeps losing power when under load. Radio will go off and lights then go, then power drops to almost stall. Very intermittent. I've had it back to the dealer 4 times with no success.
2. Power shift, high gear, is gone. Finished the season last year and it was working perfect. Started it up after having it sit all summer and only have low and medium ranges. No high

Any suggestions or help would be truly appreciated.

Thanks

Snowman2017

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Wonder if your DPF is plugged or getting plugged. Far as the powershift, I cannot address that.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I know this sounds very simplistic but has the fuel in the tank been drained and replaced? Fuel filter replaced? As far as the electrical aspect have you checked for any grounding problems? Check the ground cables themselves as there may be corrosion within the insulation. Is the tractor exposed to a large amount of salt, that is corrosion? Where was the tractor stored? Is it possible the wiring has rodent damage?

What has the dealer tried to do with the tractor? Has he been able to duplicate the problem in his shop? I am not familiar with your area but does this dealer have a good rep for working on large tractors or are most of his mechanics more familiar with the smaller tractors and mowers?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I'm with BigG. Setting all summer then having problems makes me think of bad/stale fuel, but more likely mice have been chewing on some wires!