RTV Plow - Only Angles Right

sampeters

Equipment
rtv, m5040 b3200hd, kx161 (hopefully)
May 11, 2014
strafford, vt usa
Hi folks -- I am stumped (doesn't take much but still...)

I have a 2013 Kubota RTV X1100C (with cab..)
I have the V5008 Plow with Angle kit, pump, etc...

It has been working great for years, until the other night when
the bolt that holds the left hydraulic "angle" cyclinder to the frame failed (for no reason whatsoever). When I went to angle the plow (can't remember which way), the bolt simply snapped. I replaced it.

Now the plow only angles to the right.
I've tested all the lines.
Switching the feeds coming out of the RTV yields the same result. This tells me that everything on the RTV side is working.

So I bought a new hydraulic cylinder (for the right side). Same problem.

For the sake of explanation, the old cylinders are referenced as Red (initially on the right) and Green (initially on the left). The new cylinder is black. All cylinders are single acting and there are no leaks anywhere.

If I swap sides (put red on left and green on right) same problem.

I swapped out the green cylinder with the new black one -- red/black installed -- same problem.
I swapped sides - same problem -- i.e. black on right, red on left or vice-versa.

I swapped out the red with green (so now green/black installed). Same problem (regardless of sides -- i.e. green on right, black on left or vice-versa.

Any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks.

Last edited:

freewheel3

Equipment
MX5000DT LA852, BX1800D, B6000DT, B6200HSTD, B7100HSTD, L185, T1700HX, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2013
Alberta
Did you retrieve all the pieces of the snapped bolt? Is there any chance that a piece of it is jammed in the angling portion of the blade, preventing it from working correctly?
Did you disconnect both rams and see if the blade angles freely?

sampeters

Equipment
May 11, 2014
strafford, vt usa
thanks so much for the quick reply -- I should have also mentioned that in float position, the plow has no problem swinging in either direction -- so I am very confident that nothing is binding it.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Do you have the Black or Gray control handle?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
OK, don't know anything about that unit but....
assuming up-down works fine, can you swap hoses with lf-rt hoses temporarily?
So that 'up' become 'left', and 'down' becomes 'right' ??

It sure sounds like something in the 'left function' of the control valve is busted. Maybe a bad oring ?

Sure sounds like that as you've eliminated everything else.

Query ? Is it pure mechanical hydraulics or are here electrical solenoid valves that control the flow ? IE the joystick turns switches on that power valves that control flow ?? In this case a bad wire/ open coil would give you your problem.

did a google and it looks like it's electrically controlled. If so , odds are real good the control switch is busted. This can be proved by wiring the left-right motor to a battery. flipping the wire +- to -+ should move left-right, right left.
I don't know if the switch powers a relay, if it does then the relay(s) could be the problem.

Jay

Last edited:

sampeters

Equipment
May 11, 2014
strafford, vt usa
thanks all for the great help -- problem solved.... short answer -- jammed reducer elbow -- missed this on my first round of testing. Senior moment.

Longer answer I knew everything (hydraulic-wis) from the Kubota inwards was good, so I took everything from the plow side off and retested everything and found one of the reducer elbows to be jammed.

Thanks again -- really really appreciate a place where I can ask for help.

freewheel3

Equipment
MX5000DT LA852, BX1800D, B6000DT, B6200HSTD, B7100HSTD, L185, T1700HX, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2013
Alberta
thanks all for the great help -- problem solved.... short answer -- jammed reducer elbow -- missed this on my first round of testing. Senior moment.

Longer answer I knew everything (hydraulic-wis) from the Kubota inwards was good, so I took everything from the plow side off and retested everything and found one of the reducer elbows to be jammed.

Thanks again -- really really appreciate a place where I can ask for help.
When you say "jammed", what do you mean? Do you mean something was stuck inside it, plugging it off?