2018 RTV X900 no power steering

Dynochretes

Equipment
RTV 900
Jan 23, 2020
Winter Haven, FL
I have 2018 RTV X900 that we recently rebuild the steering cylinder in due to it hitting a stump while the wheels were turned going about 20 mph. It separated the piston from the shaft and shattered the keeper ring. After we installed and bled the air, it feels like we have no power steering. I have fluid from the pump but don***8217;t know how much pressure I***8217;m supposed to have. The steering wheel turns to stop but with a little force I can continue spinning it around. Is it possible that the impact damaged the pump or the orbitrol steering controller? Or do I still have air in my lines? Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
check the filters and screens. One could be partially plugged with debris that came from failed cylinder. I'd do that first before looking at more expensive stuff.

Dynochretes

Equipment
RTV 900
Jan 23, 2020
Winter Haven, FL
check the filters and screens. One could be partially plugged with debris that came from failed cylinder. I'd do that first before looking at more expensive stuff.
I’ve checked all of that. Flushed the whole system and replaced with SUDT. I even disassembled the orbital to look for a blocked passage. No luck. I have flow from the pump but not sure of what pressure I should have.

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
If you don't already have it, you can download (free) or view on line the workshop manual (WSM) for the RTV X900 BY CLICKING HERE. The link I posted is for the steering section of the WSM. You can download the WSM by clicking on the green download button at the top and going thru their I am not a bot test.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I even disassembled the orbital to look for a blocked passage.
OH NO!!!!!
Unless you put every single plate and part in exactly the right order the orbital valve won't work properly.
That to say if you swapped any plates around or spun them it simply won't work properly!
I've seen way to many of them reassembled the wrong way.

Dynochretes

Equipment
RTV 900
Jan 23, 2020
Winter Haven, FL
OH NO!!!!!
Unless you put every single plate and part in exactly the right order the orbital valve won't work properly.
That to say if you swapped any plates around or spun them it simply won't work properly!
I've seen way to many of them reassembled the wrong way.
We had already tried it before and after I disassembled the orbital. It made no difference and worked the same.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I’ve checked all of that. Flushed the whole system and replaced with SUDT. I even disassembled the orbital to look for a blocked passage. No luck. I have flow from the pump but not sure of what pressure I should have.
Did you replace the oil in the hydraulic tank or the trans-axle? Steering gets oil from the tank under the passenger seat.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Dynochretes, I posted a private message to you, so you might check your Inbox.