Sidekick RTV XG850 ECU Chip or Fuel Controller?

TenPassCO

Equipment
KX-018 Excavator, Sidekick RTV-XG850 SE
Jan 15, 2020
Red Cliff, CO
I have a Sidekick and up at my elevation it is just painfully underpowered, sometimes can't move from a standstill up a hilly rd with a plow on front, then stalls out.

Instead of dumping the UTV, I'd like to see if I can't juice it just a little bit so it is functional for me.

Anybody know of a company that makes or sells universal chips or fuel controllers to try to get a little more horsepower out of this thing? I've tried several places that are reputable that do many other brands of ATV's/UTV's but no luck.

I've heard there are decent universal ones out there, but I have no idea where.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I have a Sidekick and up at my elevation it is just painfully underpowered, sometimes can't move from a standstill up a hilly rd with a plow on front, then stalls out.

Instead of dumping the UTV, I'd like to see if I can't juice it just a little bit so it is functional for me.

Anybody know of a company that makes or sells universal chips or fuel controllers to try to get a little more horsepower out of this thing? I've tried several places that are reputable that do many other brands of ATV's/UTV's but no luck.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
If you like working on these things and are a little electonics savy Megasquirt make a kit type engine controller that would be completely adjustable via a computer and much cheaper than the Kubota one! I use their smaller model (Microsquirt) on my aircooled Volkswagens to convert them to fuel injection and electronic spark control. They are not that hard to program and certainly wake up my Volksys!

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Has the ECM been changed? There is a PSB for them. Tell your dealer it stumbles and is hard to start and they will replace it if it has not already been upgraded. It may solve your problem.

JeffL

Equipment
B7200E, B4200DT
Jan 8, 2016
North Central Ar.
Assuming Whitetiger has not nailed the problem: A tiny shot of nitrous works wonders. I think your problem is lack of alr/oxygen so adding fuel may not give the intended results. Anything to improve air flow will help: port match w/ low restriction air filter, turbo, nitrous, alcohol. Of course very small amounts of nitrous or alcohol. Yes a 50 HP shot will blow the head into the next county.