fuel problem with l3400

jrbohannon

Equipment
l3400
Jan 4, 2020
hockley, tx usa
i have a kubota l3400 that starts and runs for a short perion then just dies. i have replaced the fuel soleniod and bled the injectors. when i turn the ignition switch on i can hear the solenoit click and sometimes it starts buit sometimes i have to wait for another click before it starts. when it is running sometimes it just dies then othertimes i can hear the solenoid clicking very rapid then it dies. i just tried to bleed the injectors again but i couldn't get any diesel out of the injectors until the clicking started again could this be the injector pump or has anyone elese had this problem. thanks for any help i can get.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
i have a kubota l3400 that starts and runs for a short perion then just dies. i have replaced the fuel soleniod and bled the injectors. when i turn the ignition switch on i can hear the solenoit click and sometimes it starts buit sometimes i have to wait for another click before it starts. when it is running sometimes it just dies then othertimes i can hear the solenoid clicking very rapid then it dies. i just tried to bleed the injectors again but i couldn't get any diesel out of the injectors until the clicking started again could this be the injector pump or has anyone elese had this problem. thanks for any help i can get.
Stop solenoid relay, OPC (occupancy computer) or Safety switch that is malfunctioning.

It's not a Injection pump issue. ;)

JerryMT

Equipment
Kubota M4500, NH TD95D,Ford 4610
Jun 17, 2017
The Palouse - North Idaho
It sounds like there is a problem with the electrical system connected to the fuel solenoid. Bad connection, loose wire, bad relay, key swtch, etc

jrbohannon

Equipment
l3400
Jan 4, 2020
hockley, tx usa
Stop solenoid relay, OPC (occupancy computer) or Safety switch that is malfunctioning.

It's not a Injection pump issue. ;)
i forgot i also put a new safety switch in if the one you are talking about goes under the seat. even with the new switch it keeps running when i stand up and i can crank it standing beside the tractor.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
i forgot i also put a new safety switch in if the one you are talking about goes under the seat. even with the new switch it keeps running when i stand up and i can crank it standing beside the tractor.
To get you more info, what version L3400 do you have, F, DT or HST?

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Most commonly caused by the hydro pedal safety switch, either failing or out of adjustment.