mower deck height adjustment

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
Ok, so I know the answer is here somewhere, but I'm not smart enough or patient enough to find it. And I never thought I'd be back after the bx2200 owner and I split up, but here I am. So rejoice, or despair. lol

The height adjustment was working just fine until we took the mower off to sharpen the blades. When she went to put it back on, the lift arms wouldn't come clear down. So I went over and set it on "top" and raised it, then set it on every succeedingly low number, one at a time, returning to "top" after each setting. No matter the setting, 4 to 0, the arms always drop the same amount, which I'm guessing is around the 4 setting.

All reasonable thoughts on what's going on are welcomed!

Thanks
David

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
The arms drop by gravity. Set the height to 0 and if they don't drop just pull down a bit or use your foot. Also make sure the dial which controls the "drop speed" isn't all the way closed. Finally, you don't have anything blocking the 3 point hitch arms, right?

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
If the 3ph arm doesn't go all the way down, the arms for the mower won't go down. It's amazing how many people don't know that the rear 3ph is what raises and lowers the mmm.

03marauderman

Equipment
Kubota BX 23S
Sep 27, 2018
Plattekill
I posted this question on another thread but did not receive any replies....hopefully someone here will know the answer....I just replaced a new mower deck on a B2320 tractor....The installation went well, with the exception of the 'cam' assembly....Just what holds the 'cam,rod, & turn knob' assy in place? - With the deck either raised or lowered, the cam rod flops around and will actually fall on the ground....There were no left over parts & the illistration on the instructions weren't all that clear...I hope somebody will have an answer to a rather simple issue.....Thanks

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
The 3 point arms go all the way down, the mower arms do not. Hence the question. I ended up lifting the mower up and connecting the lift arms to it. It still will not go down any farther than it did before. I did not check the speed control, but the 3 point arms move just fine, so I don't think that's it