Strange attachments

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
Peachester, QLD, Australia
Spotted my neighbour today dragging a harrow around the paddock with his BX .
Nothing unusual with that but them I spotted his ROPS.
He had clamped a bracket on the left side and attached a child seat
Round and round he went with the grandson strapped to the Seat on the ROPS.

Obvious safety issues aside about the strangest attachment I have seen

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I dont know what to say about that, and on a side note I have seen guys riding small kids on the HD dressers seat belted in the bitch seat,, again I dont think its all that smart , but then who am I to say

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Isn't it somewhat amazing we are all still alive and able to comprehend and type sentences!:D Is there anything more level then a paddock? Hope grampa wasn't doing wheelies or sharp donuts.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
As kids we also used to ride down the highways in the back of a pickup truck for miles on end. Used to stand up in the front bench-seat of cars with metal dashboards and no seat belts too.
Don’t make it right now that we know better now, does it?
Child endangerment is a crime in most locales. Not mentioning it may be easier, but it’s also complicit.
Don’t know any tactful way to bring it to a neighbor’s attention tho’...

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
Yikes. I don't like seeing kids around equipment. I'm too familiar with Murphy and his law.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
Anybody ever ride laying down in front of the back window of the family car while going on vacation?

Use to sneak up on the garbage truck and hook our sled to it for a ride!

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
Had a friend had his grandson age about 2 inside a grain bin with him . Grandson got his leg caught in the auger and tore off his leg. Can't imagine what he was thinking. Now that's learning the hard way!! Poor little guy is ok now, but has that to live with.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Sure hope I don't see this story again on the Darwin Awards!

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Managed to get a picture as he was on the way back to the house after coming up the mountain.
Quality is not so good due to the long distance zoom.
Hope he never overturns that thing

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Anybody ever ride laying down in front of the back window of the family car while going on vacation?

Use to sneak up on the garbage truck and hook our sled to it for a ride!
All the above but we used to do the rear bumper sled ride where I grew up. No sled, just smooth soled boots on the ice and snow. Noting better than an irate driver with 4 kids on the bumper...:)

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
All the above but we used to do the rear bumper sled ride where I grew up. No sled, just smooth soled boots on the ice and snow. Noting better than an irate driver with 4 kids on the bumper...:)
In the small town near where I grew up we called that ski bobbing behind the cars. Kids just aren’t allowed to have any fun these days! :D Like long ropes to a car hood piled high with cousins and friends being pulled down the country roads. Followed by taking turns on a pair of old wooden skis down in the ditch and having to flip the rope up over an occasional mail box or post along the same. In the summer time we’d wait for some of the old timers to come out of the local tavern, get in their cars and start for home. We’d latch onto a door handle while on our bicycles and hitch a ride. They never went fast and most enjoyed it as it took them a few trips around town to "remember" where they actually lived. A little hand wave would let us know it was time to let go. Dangerous? Risky? Sure, a little. But just about every one of us were driving tractors before we were out of grade school. We knew how to double clutch and drive the grain trucks around the fields during harvest as soon as our legs were long enough to reach the pedals. I started hoeing sugar beets along with the migrant workers when I was 9 yrs. old. We’d be sharpening our hoes with a file while the sun was coming up and the day would end at sundown. Rainy days were our only days off in 11 seasons during the thinning and weeding of those sugar beets. Those earnings put myself through college. Yup, the times are sure different. Some good.....some bad.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
As a pup I lived outside Fountain, Co. When I was 5 my dad put me on his Ford 8N and sent me home. Has to cross two RR track, go by the grade school, cross a long wooded bridge with the planks running the length of the tire area. It was about 5-6 miles. By the time I got to the house I was a proficient operator!! :D:D

origami

Equipment
'12 BX25. Previous: '95 B1700
Apr 18, 2016
Leesburg, VA
Yes! My brother and used to do this on cross country trips back in the 60s. We also used to ride on the tailgate on short drives to the dump. We're both still here.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
We did the same as kids but we called it "skitching". It usually po'd the driver who would sometime stop while we let go and scattered:D