B8200 hyd issues

pinn600

Feb 21, 2020
Pinnacle NC U.S.
Hello folks,brand new to forum.I have a mid 80's B8200 4WD standard trans tractor gradually came to the point it is at now with no repairs or tampering.It has gotten to the point that the hydraulics barely operate and seem to be getting air in system.I have cleaned filter on supply side.Removing fluid divider on hyd. block and turning engine over shows fluid pumping.There is some sort of vibrating/squealing(lack of better term) noise coming from block area.As fluid gets hotter,loader and power steering will become inoperable.System pressure seems very low even without checking with gauge.As a really weird note,operating any loader lever while turning made steering work better.Now I have loader removed and still getting that noise and steering will hardly move.Thanks for any help you can give.

Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Move the three point lever to a mid point and report back what you get.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
When you removed the loader did you turn the selector valve on the block?

pinn600

Feb 21, 2020
Pinnacle NC U.S.
While loader is off,changing the selector valve on block really seems to do nothing to the power steering which is almost not operational,meaning it does move the front wheels but at a very slow rate.I have taken block off and checked and cleaned looking for obstructions.Keep wondering about the pressure relief valve since loosening lines seems like the pressure is very low but have not had gauge on system.Another strange thing I have noticed is when you shut tractor down,you can hear a sound from near the hyd. pump that sounds like pressure bleeding off in system like it has sucked vacuum in lines .

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It sounds like your sucking air into it, check the suction line (large line) for wet spots, might not even hurt to pull the suction line off and check the inside of the rubber hose section, they have been known to collapse on the inside.

Yes you could also have an issue with the pressure relief valve, to help you further I need your serial number as there is 2 different setups on that model.

pinn600

Feb 21, 2020
Pinnacle NC U.S.
I removed the strainer and pipe and separated to check flexible section.All clear and unblocked.Going to get gauge to check pressure this weekend.The tractor serial number for this tractor is 60158

Thanks again

pinn600

Feb 21, 2020
Pinnacle NC U.S.
Have some new info on hyd. issues. Put gauge on pressure line to fel at quick connect and got a little less than 2000 at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle.With fel supply line disconnected at connector,the tractor alone works great,power steering and 3 point.When supply is connected ,the steering hardly works and the loader is slow and weak,but if you turn steering wheel at the same time you raise the bucket,lift speeds up and steering works great.Also when you lower bucket to ground,it won't pick up front of tractor,but if you turn steering,loader will lift tractor.Also when you disconnect connector on supply to fel,you can noticeably hear tone of engine change like pressure is built up.Sounds like a lot of crazy stuff,I know.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Do you mean the engine sound loaded when hose is connected?

Or sounds loaded when hose is disconnected?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Have some new info on hyd. issues. Put gauge on pressure line to fel at quick connect and got a little less than 2000 at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle.With fel supply line disconnected at connector,the tractor alone works great,power steering and 3 point.When supply is connected ,the steering hardly works and the loader is slow and weak,but if you turn steering wheel at the same time you raise the bucket,lift speeds up and steering works great.Also when you lower bucket to ground,it won't pick up front of tractor,but if you turn steering,loader will lift tractor.Also when you disconnect connector on supply to fel,you can noticeably hear tone of engine change like pressure is built up.Sounds like a lot of crazy stuff,I know.
You have an issue with the FEL Spool valve, or a quick disconnect to or from it that is plugged or not working properly.

I would remove any quick disconnect and hook it up without them, if the problem goes away, it's a bad disconnect, replace them, it the problem stays then it's the loader valve.

Disassembling the loader valve might give you some clue as to what's going on, but fixing it is very unlikely, they don't sell much of the internal parts for these valves.
If it is the valve that's the issue, you might just be better off getting a new valve.

Pictures of the lines with it bypassed and working, and picture of it connected and not working might help too just to eliminate any misinformation. ;)

ezriderf6c

Equipment
b8200d 4x4 with bf300a and backhoe and KX-161-3st w/ steel tracks
Hello!!

So the forward hydraulic accessory block takes pressure directly from the pump and it routes it to both the power steering and an accessory such as the loader. If you have the bypass knob turned wrong on that block, the loader function will not work. Turn it 90 degrees and the loader function should work.

Now, the issue about the loader moving faster when you turn the wheel is true. I have the same issue. When the bypass was enabled and the bucket wouldn't lift, it WOULD LIFT if I was trying to turn the front wheels. I think this happens because of increased hydraulic flow due to turning the wheel, not sure.

The problem I have now is that I have loader function, but my hydraulic steering stopped working.

Mine will not pick up the front of the tractor either. Very much appreciate all your info.

ezriderf6c

Equipment
You have an issue with the FEL Spool valve, or a quick disconnect to or from it that is plugged or not working properly.

I would remove any quick disconnect and hook it up without them, if the problem goes away, it's a bad disconnect, replace them, it the problem stays then it's the loader valve.

Disassembling the loader valve might give you some clue as to what's going on, but fixing it is very unlikely, they don't sell much of the internal parts for these valves.
If it is the valve that's the issue, you might just be better off getting a new valve.

Pictures of the lines with it bypassed and working, and picture of it connected and not working might help too just to eliminate any misinformation. ;)
FEL = Front-End-Loader... Are you referring to this valve (in picture) or to the one on the BF-300 that the joystick goes into?

Attachments

ezriderf6c

Equipment
I had my b8200 into kubota to replace the rear-axle-seal and replace the dry clutch. After 10 weeks I got it back and the power-steering doesn't work... The bucket operates normally (BF-300A) although after reading this chain I believe the FEL valve thing may be bad because it is slow to raise. Before hand the power-steering made the wheels turn like they were on glass, now it's like it's not even there. Any ideas?

Reactions: 1 user

ezriderf6c

Equipment
It sounds like your sucking air into it, check the suction line (large line) for wet spots, might not even hurt to pull the suction line off and check the inside of the rubber hose section, they have been known to collapse on the inside.

Yes you could also have an issue with the pressure relief valve, to help you further I need your serial number as there is 2 different setups on that model.
If air was being sucked into it, wouldn't it bubble the hydraulic oil due to cavitation? Moisture would make it milky. It would be visible on the hydraulic oil dipstick, right?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If air was being sucked into it, wouldn't it bubble the hydraulic oil due to cavitation? Moisture would make it milky. It would be visible on the hydraulic oil dipstick, right?
Air being sucked in will foam the Hydraulic fluid just like it had water in it.
They look very similar.

Post some pictures of your hydraulic steering unit and controller so I can get a better Idea what system you have, as there were a couple different one's for that model.

If the problem Just Magically showed up after they split it to do the clutch, most likely they either, 1: do not have a suction line attached right, or 2: they have swapped the supply and return for the hydraulics to the steering.