SSV75 (and SSV65) Maintenance

Colorado4Skid

Equipment
SSV76 w/ HF Snow Blower, Snow Blade, HD Bucket and Forks
Dec 30, 2019
Breckenridge Colorado
Looking to start a community of SSV75 and SSV65 owners for sharing information on:
1. Maintenance
2. Repairs
3. Implement usage and experience
4. Best practices

Thanks in advance for your participation in this new Thread. I'm sure we have to have a few SSV users out on this forum.

Cheers,

Mark :eek:

Aegis

Equipment
SSV75
Aug 10, 2019
CD'A Idaho
A few things I have noticed here in Idaho..

1. Cold weather, will not shift to turbo speed (rabbit) until it really warms up temps here have been 25-30. Also if the door is fully closed the lock freezes , pour warm water on the lock..
2. NO repairs yet only 38 hours on it
3. 96" blade for plowing snow Plus bucket 74" I think.. chains on rear, will add front chains next winter..
4. 50 hours service , getting close..
5. Bought a Milwaukee electric grease gun to do all the zerks..
6. Battery tender to maintain battery

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

1. Cold weather, will not shift to turbo speed (rabbit) until it really warms up temps here have been 25-30. Also if the door is fully closed the lock freezes , pour warm water on the lock..
3. 96" blade for plowing snow Plus bucket 74" I think.. chains on rear, will add front chains next winter..
#1: Get a lock deicer / lube and you won't have any more issues, warm water and the right glass temp your very likely to break the glass.

#3: Running chains on only one set of wheels will cause undue stress and wear on the drive train, Front and rear wheels need to have the same RC and adding chain to only one set of wheels changes that RC.

#1 and #6: Do you also have a block heater? If not get that to help with cold weather conditions...

Aegis

Equipment
SSV75
Aug 10, 2019
CD'A Idaho
I have the block heater, will check on lock deicer, 'do you have a recommendation?? I will put chains on the front.. You are in Sandpoint we are about 45 min apart. I am in Spirit Lake..

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have the block heater, will check on lock deicer, 'do you have a recommendation?? I will put chains on the front.. You are in Sandpoint we are about 45 min apart. I am in Spirit Lake..
Yep I'm 15 miles north of Sandpoint.

I use several different things, right now with temps the way they are I would just use a lock lube, AutoZone has them. That will help keep the moisture out of the lock. ;)

fendley

Equipment
L3901, LA525, BH77, SVL65-2
Dec 31, 2016
St Marys, GA, USA
Looking to start a community of SSV75 and SSV65 owners for sharing information on:
1. Maintenance
2. Repairs
4. Best practices

Thanks in advance for your participation in this new Thread. I'm sure we have to have a few SSV users out on this forum.

Cheers,

Just got my SVL65 today - I'll be watching the thread.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS

The unit is programmed to not shift to the BUNNY until your hydraulic oil has reached a preset temp.

mam19582

Equipment
SSV65
Jan 9, 2022
Central Jersey
1. Maintenance
2. Repairs
4. Best practices

Cheers,

I’m sort of stuck working on 4 SSV65
1. Maintenance
2. Repairs
4. Best practices

Cheers,

I have 4 SSV65’s so I’m in

mam19582

Equipment
SSV65
Jan 9, 2022
Central Jersey
I have two of the 4 SSV65’s that eat up alternator belts. I believe the center pulley under the cover would be the water pump driven with the same belt as the alternator. There’s a loud noise high RPM’s either in the alternator or the pump. I’m going to the site now to run a test and just put a small belt on from the crank pulley to the alternator. If there’s no noise, I guess it’s the pump. Anyone else come across the belt problem? Average 150 hours on the machines out of warranty. Alway taken care of. Thx, Mike M