hydraulic disconnects

jdmcb

Equipment
L6060
Aug 12, 2019
Burlington
I have dual remotes on the rear of a 2017 L6060. I bought a land pride rear mount snow blower and added a factor chute rotator kit. Can someone tell me which disconnects I need to hook up to the rear remotes.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have dual remotes on the rear of a 2017 L6060. I bought a land pride rear mount snow blower and added a factor chute rotator kit. Can someone tell me which disconnects I need to hook up to the rear remotes.
Little confused :confused:, are you asking what type of disconnect fitting or the location, or other question.?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I would say either set. I use the top set on my M9

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
I suspect you’d need a 1/2” Pioneer type male fitting on the implement hose. ISO 5675. There are several styles of tips but that won’t matter much. If the hoses are not 1/2”, you’ll need to adapt them to 1/2” for the fitting. I doubt the tractor has another size than 1/2”....you’d think the dealer that sold you the blower would have given you the tips you need for the hoses....

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Far as I know, all Landpride (Great Plains) implements ship with Pioneer male ends and dust caps standard.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
They should be ISO 5675 "AG" style with a poppet and not a ball tip.
Since you brought up the different styles I have a question. Why not use the ball tip? Most of mine are ball but the only set I have any issues with are the poppet style.

What or why do I have issues with that style? Have factory couplers on the tractor.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Since you brought up the different styles I have a question. Why not use the ball tip? Most of mine are ball but the only set I have any issues with are the poppet style.

What or why do I have issues with that style? Have factory couplers on the tractor.
The poppet tips have slightly better flow specs, but yes they do seem to leak a bit more when unplugged if thats the "trouble" you have.

They can be interchanged, but I've seen issue with that too.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Sounded like the OP was asking which set to plug into and like Flip said it shouldn't matter.

jdmcb

Equipment
L6060
Aug 12, 2019
Burlington
Sorry for the confusion. I bought the tractor and blowers used. I believe the blower chute rotation hose is a 1/2 (O-Ring Boss). So if I'm correct, I need to find a 1/2 O-ring boss female to 1/2 (NPTF) coupler. And a 1/2 ISO 5675 Ag Quick Disconnects with the flat tip (poppet)
ISO 7241-1 A or ISO 7241-1 B wont work.
Remote1.JPG remote 2.JPG

hose end.jpg

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Tractor Supply will be appreciably less expensive than online and they carry a full line of couplers, male and female ends as well as pre made hoses.

One thing to keep in mind and that is, any unused couplers (male or female0 need to be kept covered. You can buy covers at TSC as well.

I never purchase that stuff online, always at a brick and mortar store. That way if per chance it's not right, it's much easier to return them and get the correct ones.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Tractor Supply will be appreciably less expensive than online and they carry a full line of couplers, male and female ends as well as pre made hoses.

One thing to keep in mind and that is, any unused couplers (male or female0 need to be kept covered. You can buy covers at TSC as well.

I never purchase that stuff online, always at a brick and mortar store. That way if per chance it's not right, it's much easier to return them and get the correct ones.

Good advice...but remember Big Box Stores like TSC often have the lowest bidder's product on the shelves, so quality may be severely lacking. I support buying local whenever possible, but go to a local hydraulic shop for things like QD's and hoses if possible if you don't want to purchase online.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have found the best advise at the local Parker dealer, and support him on a regular basis. One afternoon, I blew a hose, and it was late Friday afternoon. I called, and they waited for me, made up the new hose, and I was out the door a half hour past the closing with my new hose. That is the type of service that an independent business can offer over a big box store. Sure it might cost a little more, but it is worth the difference to shop local.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Good advice...but remember Big Box Stores like TSC often have the lowest bidder's product on the shelves, so quality may be severely lacking. I support buying local whenever possible, but go to a local hydraulic shop for things like QD's and hoses if possible if you don't want to purchase online.
For lots of items that is true but hydraulic fittings are Weasler and PTO/Driveline stuff is Eurocardan and Weasler. and it's all ISO certified.

Their pre=made hoses are Chinese however but still made to ISO standards. I've used them in high pressure applications, no issue.

The comment about a Parker store works if and I say if, there is a Parker store in your burg. Fasternall also handles hydraulic fittings.

Not everyone is fortunate to have a speciality hydraulic shop available. I do bit I still buy my fottings at TSC if they are not special fittings.

Not here to argue, just offering alternatives.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
The poppet tips have slightly better flow specs, but yes they do seem to leak a bit more when unplugged if thats the "trouble" you have.

They can be interchanged, but I've seen issue with that too.
My problem is getting them unhooked from the tractor. It doesn't matter if it's running or not. Even shutting it down and relieving the pressure doesn't help. It's all I can do to get the lines out of the coupler. It's not the tractor side because everything else I hook to this set of remotes does fine. Only thing that's different from any other implement is the male end.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Far as I know, all Landpride (Great Plains) implements ship with Pioneer male ends and dust caps standard.
It all depends on what you order and/or if you even order the optional hose kit. Several of their items give choices on tips.

GreatPlains has always been this way and I doubt Kubota will change it.