Piranha Toothbar

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
totally off subject, but one of the things that drives me crazy (well, two of the things) are poor writing skills and misspelling words or using the wrong homonym (then there's poor grammar, but that's a whole different animal I can carry on about for hours. You don't want to watch TV with me- I'm always correcting the script).

I didn't proof my last post. It was kind of stream of consciousness and not particularly well crafted. But the real horror is that I used "two" instead of "too" when describing the length of the bars. Double scream! Where's that emoji when I really need it?!?

DON'T JUDGE ME!!! LOL
Ha, I saw the "two" right away and was left wondering why. Didn't want to post anything about it since I believed that you're likely at your tipping point.

If you ever get in that that sort of predicament again, there should be an edit button at the bottom you can use to mitigate such horrors. :)

I do hope that this BX saga ends for you soon.

PS. The biopsy was everything you stated. Fortunately, it went quickly and the nurse was cute. ;)

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Just get a wider bucket :eek:

Seriously though, that just sux. Sounds like being under the gun to fill too many orders has caused some production mistakes. I hope they get you and fixed up and the problem solved. In the mean time, no word on when my tooth bar and quick bucket connect will get made.
At least, you can go see it in person...bring a tape measure with you before you load it into your vehicle. ;)

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
If they ever do call to tell me to come pick it up, I'll pick up several job applications and start passing them out. Sounds like they need help.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
OK, now I'm curious... are there different, minor widths of BX buckets ?
The bucket on my BX23S(new 1 year ago..) has 7 nice 5/8" holes just behind the welded in 'wear bar' or 'front edge' of the bucket.

ALL of the ads I see for bucket stuff do NOT show these holes so at sometime Kubota changed the bucket.

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
I AM HERE TO PROCLAIM THAT I AM A COMPLETE IDIOT. BUT I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE BACK EVERYTHING I SAID ABOUT BXPANDED SERVICE.

It turns out I was wrong, so I'm fessin' up. However, I'm going to share the blame. I was told that the bar would be shorter than the inside of the bucket by their phone people and that our 46 1/2" bucket took at 46" bar. WRONG! Apparently, after talking to the production manager, Howard learned that the bar doesn't fit inside the bucket, just the mounting brackets (I suppose I could have figured that out by looking at the pictures, but, hey, I"m just a customer). So, the 47" bar fits the 46 1/2" bucket with the bar outside the bucket and the brackets inside. And here, Howard said it was to be 46-46 1/4" to fit inside.

Long story short, I take back everything I said about the bars being the wrong size and apologize to Bxpanded for my rants on that subject, of which there were few. The issue was and remains delivery and service. But, that sounds like I'm minimizing my stupidity, which is not my intent. I look forward to getting the bar on and seeing if it's as slick as advertised. If so, I will heap high praise on Bxpanded for that aspect.

I suggest no one on OTT listen to nothing I say going forward, though. Egg on face. In fact, let's pretend I don't exist for a while. I'm really starting to question my sanity, or at least my ability to do simple nut and bolt operations and figure out how something that doesn't even move is supposed to work. DUH! If I'd taken acid in college, I'd blame a flashback, but I didn't, so... tell me I'm not becoming stupid in my old age.

Now, I want the scream emoji so I can scream at myself.

Last edited:

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
Ha, I saw the "two" right away and was left wondering why. Didn't want to post anything about it since I believed that you're likely at your tipping point.

If you ever get in that that sort of predicament again, there should be an edit button at the bottom you can use to mitigate such horrors. :)

I do hope that this BX saga ends for you soon.

PS. The biopsy was everything you stated. Fortunately, it went quickly and the nurse was cute. ;)
Dirtydeed- I'm glad you didn't say something- the next time I see someone else doing something like that (or hear it), I'll remind myself to be considerate as you were. Something I should remind myself of much more frequently probably.

As to the biopsy and the cute nurse- your stunning young trophy wife aside, I'd rather have either a male nurse, one I can't tell the sex of, or a female with warts and obvious facial hair- after seeing you with that thing where the sun doesn't shine, I doubt she's much of a prospect (in your fantasy world, I mean). Unless, of course, she's a real perv- then you may have a chance!

I don't care how "quick" they are- not when they're messing down there. lol

Results yet? As long as you're less than a Gleeson (or Gleason maybe) 8, unless it's an aggressive one, I'd think he wouldn't do surgery. But, I'm always skeptical about surgeons, so don't listen to me about this either. Pretend I don't exist. Except when I say I hope you're not even registering on the Gleeson scale, or if you are, it's a very low number and you don't have to worry about it until you're 80!

Last edited:

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
I AM HEREBY RESCINDING MY PRIOR ADMISSION OF IGNORANCE AND STUPIDITY! (Though many would argue both conditions are facts)

The mistake I made was reading the instructions! On page 4, item 4. it reads "...The sides of the Tooth Bar fit inside the existing bucket's sides." It should read something like "While the Tooth Bar itself is designed to extend past the sides of the bucket in order to protect the corners of the bucket, the mounting brackets are designed to fit inside the bucket." Fool that I am, I took the instructions at face value. When I tried to place the Tooth Bar inside the bucket, it was too long. Now, some may argue that if one were halfway mechanically inclined, they'd see the foolishness of what they were trying to do. But, I was in a hurry. It was a cloudy day. My dog hurt his foot. The Chinese were spying on me. So were the CIA and FBI (now that we know they do that sort of thing, that's kinda scary). The bread I baked did rise, but it was dry. So, leave me alone, ok!?!?

So, I got the thing on. It took me more than 10 minutes, but I'm slow. And apparently, I need new drill bits because I broke the first 3/16" after sawing away for what seemed hours. Did you know motor oil isn't as good as cutting oil and smells funny when it gets hot? Anyway, I got the thing on and while one bucket doesn't a statistically significant study make, it is an opportunity for me to say something nice about Bxpand, anecdotally anyway.

The prior owners of this 25 acres were packrats and just threw junk in a pile. Well, piles. Or just dropped it where they last used it (you'd be amazed what we've found in the timber). So there's a still fairly sizeable pile of dirt, metal, glass, wood, you name it just north of the house. I cleaned up 2/3 of it with the straight edge on the bucket, but it got to the point it couldn't dig in any longer (it might have been the rusted, busted, and bent antique auto radiator grill and a few pieces of 3/4" pipe along with Lord knows what else), so I left it for the Piranha install. Lowered the bucket and drove in- filled the bucket, slick as a whistle. If it's always this good, one will be very pleased!

Now, I think I'll rewrite their instructions for them. Theirs aren't as bad as ones written by software engineers, but anytime anyone with any kind of engineering writes anything, you know you have a challenge. lol

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I think that you should just leave well enough alone. The BXPanded website plainly states that you should measure your bucket before you order and then order the bar that will fit inside you bucket to the nearest 1/4 inch. The instructions could not be more clear if you are reading American English. Here is a link to the instructions.

https://bxpanded.com/assets/images/How to Measure Bucket.pdf

kris77

Jun 9, 2016
CA
Yeah, the rant about the bar being the wrong size is on you. But the fact that they just cannot keep up with demand and show LITTLE communications with the customers is unacceptable. I can understand supply and demand delays. But at least communicate with the customers that are waiting. Let them know things are backed up due to demand, lack of steel, or lack of labor, etc. When I ordered, lead time was 3-5 days. Due to all the other reviews, I fully expected it within a week. For me, the communication/customer service issues are the killer. Just frustrating.

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
I think that you should just leave well enough alone. The BXPanded website plainly states that you should measure your bucket before you order and then order the bar that will fit inside you bucket to the nearest 1/4 inch. The instructions could not be more clear if you are reading American English. Here is a link to the instructions.

https://bxpanded.com/assets/images/How to Measure Bucket.pdf
Nice attempt at Humor, Armylifer. Clearly, you read all my posts and fully understand that I checked the Kubota BX box AND measured AND was thorough in my questions and additional information in the additional comments section of the order page.

In "American English", the "bar" does NOT fit inside the bucket. The mounting brackets fit inside the bucket.

I'm glad to hear you fully understand and appreciate my own humor as expressed in my most recent postings.

Have a great day!

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
So those of us that are still waiting for our toothbar (a month for me now) have had to wait a little longer because they made you a second one .........

Yeah, I'm a real Dick, aren't I?

The whole hour or so it takes to make one of these (or 5 hours or whatever), because of me, is clearly going to add a few days, or maybe weeks to your delivery.

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
Yeah, the rant about the bar being the wrong size is on you. But the fact that they just cannot keep up with demand and show LITTLE communications with the customers is unacceptable. I can understand supply and demand delays. But at least communicate with the customers that are waiting. Let them know things are backed up due to demand, lack of steel, or lack of labor, etc. When I ordered, lead time was 3-5 days. Due to all the other reviews, I fully expected it within a week. For me, the communication/customer service issues are the killer. Just frustrating.

You're right about my rant. I didn't stop and think when I tried to lay the bar inside the bucket for a test fit. I clearly didn't think at all on that one. My frustration over this thing got the better of me and my brain just up and laid down and died. No excuses.

I'll probably get their under armor at some point if they'll let me.

The good news is that I was at least reasonable when I was on the phone with them- that will make it easier to apologize.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Another small advantage I have found with the PTB- it makes spreading/sprinkling cinders/gravel a little easier. Without the PTB, you would slowly tilt the bucket down until everything came rushing out all at once. With the PTB, material tends to come out of the bucket slower & more evenly distributed. Not a huge advantage, but I'll take all I can get.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Another small advantage I have found with the PTB- it makes spreading/sprinkling cinders/gravel a little easier. Without the PTB, you would slowly tilt the bucket down until everything came rushing out all at once. With the PTB, material tends to come out of the bucket slower & more evenly distributed. Not a huge advantage, but I'll take all I can get.

I agree with the sprinkle part too.....seems to allow for finer control of the spread.

I also find backdragging a lot more effective with the PTB....that 1/2 lip on the bottom side helps quite a bit when "flatting" out gravel...dirt or whatever.