Piranha Toothbar

St8 e

Equipment
B2650
Dec 11, 2018
Central PA
I am also unhappy with Bxpanded’s communication. Ordered toothbar on 4/11...was given no timetable on build time, etc. Sent an e-mail 2 weeks after ordering that wasn’t returned. Sent a message via their website that wasn’t returned. Finally I called 3 weeks ago. Spoke to a female who indicated my order was “in production and was to ship in 2 days.” I waited 5 business days and called back and spoke to someone else there. He gave me the same “in production and will ship in 2 days.” Waited another week and a half and finally got my shipment email yesterday.

It took a month from order date to shipment date. I seriously wouldn’t have cared if they told me from day 1 that this may take a month to produce. There isn’t a blurb on their website giving approx. lead times, etc...

I just hope this thing is as “nasty” as EVERYONE claims they are, because customer communication just wasn’t there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tropical Jack

Equipment
Kubota L3301 w/ FEL & BH, tilt and trim, chipper, box blade, grading blade
Actually, there are questions and answers about the toothbar. One of the questions is “what is the lead time?” When I ordered on April 20th - it said 3-5 days. Now it says 3 weeks. It has been 3 weeks, and I haven’t heard a thing. Emails do not get answered. I will be glad when I get the toothbar, but I won’t be ordering from them again.

Jack

Kendrix

Equipment
BX23S, Excavator, Loader, Snow Blowing
Apr 23, 2019
PA
Actually, there are questions and answers about the toothbar. One of the questions is “what is the lead time?” When I ordered on April 20th - it said 3-5 days. Now it says 3 weeks. It has been 3 weeks, and I haven’t heard a thing. Emails do not get answered. I will be glad when I get the toothbar, but I won’t be ordering from them again.

Jack
Agreed. But I want that under armour now! I'm torn!!! I guess it will depend on when the dolly, and tooth bar actually arrive.

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
UFB
Hint- U= UN, B= believable- you can figure out the rest.
The box showed up very late yesterday with the replacement blade for the one that was too long. As you may recall, back in the days of yesteryear when I ordered this thing, I ordered a 46.5" bar. The first bar they sent (after weeks) was 47" long. At which, I called them on Wednesday, the 1st (I think) and was assured a properly sized replacement bar would ship and that I'd have it my Monday or Tuesday at the latest. It shipped Wednesday and arrived yesterday. And let's not forget- the steel for the original bar apparently had to be mined, then processed into metal and the bar had to be handmade with no power tools, based on how long it took it to ship the first bar.
Well, the 2nd bar is 47". That's the 46.5" bar I ordered, plus another half inch of bar. Maybe I should think of it like a bottle of dish soap and be grateful for the bonus? I have half a notion to take it to the local machine shop and have them cut 1/2" off of one of the bars and sell the other one. But I won't. Sell one, that is. I may go the machine shop route. Then again, I may have to sell the other to cover the cost of getting one cut down. Again no, I won't do that, but Lord, it is tempting.
I called them, but it was after 5, so get to call them again Monday. Gonna have a fun chat with Howard.
GRRRRRR

THIS IS EFFING RIDICULOUS!!! AND I WILL SCREAM AT THE NEXT POST BY SOMEONE CARRYING ON ABOUT HOW GREAT THIS COMPANY IS.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
dggott,

Uggh. Not again. They ought to ship you the correct size and refund all of your money along with it.

That blows man.

Tropical Jack

Equipment
Kubota L3301 w/ FEL & BH, tilt and trim, chipper, box blade, grading blade
Considering that I have waited 3 weeks, have already paid for my toothbar, and considering your experience, and the fact that mine could well be the wrong length as well ............I also have a hard time with positive reviews. Hope you get your issue resolved dggott; one way or the other.

Jack

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
I LIKE THE WAY YOUR MIND WORKS, DIRTYDEED.

They also did NOT send a pre-paid return label for the first one. They are dramatically mistaken if they think I'm spending a single cent shipping anything back to them. You know, the funny part is that on top of sending measurements, I sent the tractor and FEL model numbers. I figured that way, even if I measured wrong, they'd get it right. I even asked in the comments area whether my measurement was right for the model #s and whether they are familiar with the model #s as references. NO REPLY. My, but isn't that a surprise.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Late last summer I ordered a 66" grapple from MTL Attachments. Recieved it in about one week. After a few day I was looking it over and it measured 60". When I talked to the man there, and sent him pictures with a tape measure across it to see actual numbers, he called back the next day and asked me if I would be satisfied with that one if he refunded $400. It would save him the cost of picking up and shipping another.

Maybe that's the kind of customer service you're looking for? I kept it!

St8 e

Equipment
B2650
Dec 11, 2018
Central PA
Considering that I have waited 3 weeks, have already paid for my toothbar, and considering your experience, and the fact that mine could well be the wrong length as well ............I also have a hard time with positive reviews. Hope you get your issue resolved dggott; one way or the other.

Jack

I am also afraid of this...Waiting a month and then shipping the wrong size...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
Years ago, when I started my sales career, I read that if people are happy with your product or service, they'll tell three people, but if they're unhappy, they'll tell ninety-four people. I have always been the one who would tell hundreds if he was happy (wanna hear about my '82 Olds station wagon with the diesel engine?), but only those involved if he wasn't happy. Now, I'm more balanced. If I'm happy, I'll tell hundreds and if I'm unhappy, I'll tell hundreds. In this particular case, I may up that to thousands.

As a final note, I challenge any of you to come up with a sentence that meets or exceeds the standard I established in sentence one of this post. By my count, the sentence contains five commas. they are grammatically correct and are not being used to separate listed items.

having said that- the more I think about this deal, the more it pisses me off.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
OK, I priced out one of those P bars.. it, shipping, exchange and HST(13%) I'm just over $600 CDN bucks !!! So.... I grabbed 8 pieces of steel and fabbed up my own for 1 hour of my time. My BX23s QASS bucket has 7 5/8" holes along the front edge IDEAL for attaching my P-bar. Don't know how to upload/save/show pics but can email to all that would like to see it.

Jay

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
I bought my Piranha bar a couple of years ago.
Shipping was fast, service was very good and the product was exactly what I ordered, fitting just fine.
It's a shame that they are dropping the ball now with there customer service and quality control. Business is a bitch. If they continue to do this someone will no doubt pick up the slack they are leaving and push them out of the business they themselves created. I cannot rave about the bar but it does what it says it is supposed to. It will, if used correctly uproot little trees with a bit of finesse on the joystick. It will dig into hard packed soil where a flat blade may not.
And of course it protects / covers the loader buckets edge.
But it's not a cure all for all loader uses. And now that they have some QC and service issues ......well maybe there are other alternatives.
It's a shame a representative of the company doesn't get here and do a little explaining to get the egg off of their face....before it is too late.

jabloomf1230

Equipment
B 3200
Sep 28, 2014
Voorheesville, NY
From reading this thread it seems like there's a version of the Peter Principle at work. When the demand was low, they could easily provide fast delivery and good customer service. So us tractor owners talked up about how good the Piranha Bar was and then EVERYONE wanted one. Now they can't keep up with the demand and can't provide support either. They might have reached their level of incompetence. Or maybe they will just start making them in Mexico.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Maybe they only work 9 to 5, M to F ?? I know some small businesses run that way even with LOTS of sales,meaning product HAS to be made,won't hire anyone either!. On the other hand, I'd work 14 hr days, 7 days a week to make the remote energy control panels we needed PDQ.

I figure I've moved and 'fluffed up' 500+ cuyds of 'ponypoop' or 'stablesweepings' with my homemade P-bar and very,very happy. Saving 600 Canucks was nice too !

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
SO...…… Just got off the phone with Howard. Howard seems to be a nice guy and seems to be sincere. Dawn also seems to be a nice patient person and seems to be nice. And I'm being sincere, but that's all that I have to say at this point that is positive.

I told Howard that the bar that he promised I'd get to replace the 47" bar would be shipped so I'd receive it last Monday or Tuesday wasn't shipped until Wednesday and received after 5 central on Friday, so I've had all weekend to cool down, because, guess what, this bar is 47" also and too long for the bucket. He said it's the bar made for BX Kubotas and that it should have a BX stamped on it. I said it does. He said they're supposed to be between 46-46 1/4" long and that what concerns him is that everyone ordering bars for BX's is getting the wrong size bar. I said I can empathize, but what concerns me is that I now have 2 bars that are two long and that I'm tempted to take one to a machine shop and have them chop it and make it fit because they seem unable to measure and cut, and their service and response are a joke. He also said that he was assured that the replacement would ship so I'd have it last Monday or Tuesday and it wasn't, so someone apparently had not followed through and had let him down. I said he also had asked me to return the first bar, but when I received the second, there was no prepaid shipping label for it and that there is no way in hell I'm paying the freight. He said he'd talk to the production manager about the wrong sizes and get back to me. I asked when. He said by this afternoon. I said that I expect them to ship the correct size TODAY and that I expect them to overnight it to me. He said he would "try to get them to do that". My expectation? I'll get another 47" bar sometime the last week of the month, at which point, I'll go to the machine shop and get one chopped down, and sell the other two on Ebay. I told Howard about OTT and that everyone used to carry on and on about how great the bars are, but that starting with my post about our problems, a lot of others are posting about the same problems and that their reputation is being shot to hell.

IF you own a BX and have ordered recently, guess what?- you're going to get a bar that's too big apparently. Wonder how many they've shipped or are about to ship that are wrong.

We need an emoji for SCREAM. Maybe something styled after Edvard Munch's "The Scream"- or maybe that's too cerebral.

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
totally off subject, but one of the things that drives me crazy (well, two of the things) are poor writing skills and misspelling words or using the wrong homonym (then there's poor grammar, but that's a whole different animal I can carry on about for hours. You don't want to watch TV with me- I'm always correcting the script).

I didn't proof my last post. It was kind of stream of consciousness and not particularly well crafted. But the real horror is that I used "two" instead of "too" when describing the length of the bars. Double scream! Where's that emoji when I really need it?!?

DON'T JUDGE ME!!! LOL

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Just get a wider bucket :eek:

Seriously though, that just sux. Sounds like being under the gun to fill too many orders has caused some production mistakes. I hope they get you and fixed up and the problem solved. In the mean time, no word on when my tooth bar and quick bucket connect will get made.

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
Just get a wider bucket :eek:

Seriously though, that just sux. Sounds like being under the gun to fill too many orders has caused some production mistakes. I hope they get you and fixed up and the problem solved. In the mean time, no word on when my tooth bar and quick bucket connect will get made.
Freeheeler- the only word you'll get is shipping confirmation after it's on the dock- unless you CALL them. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME EMAILING. I wonder if they even check their inbox. The must have hella storage on their server for emails that pile up. Either that, or they just delete all every couple of days. That was sarcasm, but the way I feel right now, I wonder whether it really is.

Howard did say one thing that lead me to believe they have some inventory, so I wonder whether the problem isn't in shipping rather than in production. Maybe one vision impaired guy does it all. Or maybe they're so far out in the sticks Fed Ex can't find them.