Urgent B2400 help!

Kub2400

Equipment
Kubota B2400
Jan 17, 2020
Minnesota
My dads deployed and moved to an unmarked outpost so I have no more contact from him for the next two months so I don’t know the year. we are about to get a foot of snow in Minnesota and my B2400 kubota keeps idling but the fuel is cutting out so it will idle fine then die after moving for two seconds. I cleaned the fuel filter there was frozen water and helped up I’ve tried heating up the tractor in my barn with an entire propane tank and heater still does it. Can anyone help me?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
My dads deployed and moved to an unmarked outpost so I have no more contact from him for the next two months so I don’t know the year. we are about to get a foot of snow in Minnesota and my B2400 kubota keeps idling but the fuel is cutting out so it will idle fine then die after moving for two seconds. I cleaned the fuel filter there was frozen water and helped up I’ve tried heating up the tractor in my barn with an entire propane tank and heater still does it. Can anyone help me?
Year doesn't matter, type does, is it an HST (hydrostatic, pedal forward and reverse), or is it gear drive (stick shift and clutch)?

Can you get it off idle without moving it?

Kub2400

Equipment
Kubota B2400
Jan 17, 2020
Minnesota
HST I forgot to mention that the throttle adjuster works fine I can get it to hold rpm but it doesn’t like to go above 1200 then it starts to cut off every couple seconds

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
So with the throttle you can't get it to rev up to anymore then 1200RPM?

Is the fuel filter bowl clear, and after you pulled the fuel filter and replaced it, did it refill fully with fuel before you tried to run it again?

Did you change the filter, or just dump the water out and reuse it?

Have you checked the fuel bowl again for water after you heated it up?

Is there any chance that someone could have fueled it up and put gasoline in it by mistake, smell the tank.

What is the temp there?

If you get stuck, click on my name at the right and send me a email or PM with contact info and I could help you over text or a phone call a lot faster and probably with more detail. ;)

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Good chance you have summer fuel and it is too cold for it to flow. Need to be sure to have fresh winter blend fuel (which you can get at any station selling diesel in Mn this time of year).

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
You can test for gas with Styrofoam if you have any. Gas will melt/dissolve it; diesel won't.