B2601 Alternator

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44415&referrerid=40207

I installed my own alternator purchased on Amazon. I have about $230 invested in parts. You can do it cheaper if you see my thread link above.
FYI...
The alternator provided in the PDF link may not be 40 amps based on a recent review. Just pointing this out in the event you need more than 23 amps this unit puts out. Like any review the information should be fully vetted by the purchaser.

"there is no circuit for the charge "bat" light, it will mount the same as the original, but is slightly smaller in all dimensions, the Maximum output is just slightly above 23 amps at 14.4 volts. the pulley grove is also slightly smaller than the original. While this alternator will work, it is not an exact replacement for the Kubota alternator. "

Nice write-up despling.
One suggestion though. I wouldn't recommend buying the Kubota wiring harness. If uncomfortable creating the wiring harness it is likely a better value to buy the wholegoods all inclusive bolt-on kit for $190 versus $140 for just the wiring harness.

Last edited:

despling

Equipment
B2301-TLB, BH70, LA435 w/QA
Nov 29, 2019
Tucson
FYI...
The alternator provided in the PDF link may not be 40 amps based on a recent review. Just pointing this out in the event you need more than 23 amps this unit puts out. Like any review the information should be fully vetted by the purchaser.

"there is no circuit for the charge "bat" light, it will mount the same as the original, but is slightly smaller in all dimensions, the Maximum output is just slightly above 23 amps at 14.4 volts. the pulley grove is also slightly smaller than the original. While this alternator will work, it is not an exact replacement for the Kubota alternator. "

Nice write-up despling.
One suggestion though. I wouldn't recommend buying the Kubota wiring harness. If uncomfortable creating the wiring harness it is likely a better value to buy the wholegoods all inclusive bolt-on kit for $190 versus $140 for just the wiring harness.
Agreed. I made the potentially incorrect assumption that since the Amazon seller included the part # that it matched the Kubota specs. If folks can get the whole 7311/7324 kits for close to $200, then that would be the best overall option for DIY.

I did find a link to the specifications for the part number listed on my alternator:

https://store.alternatorparts.com/partno1247601ndreplaceskubota16241-64011nippondenso100211-167.aspx

It shows 12179N "Alternator - Nippondenso type 40 Amp, 12 Volt, 1-Groove Pulley"

Last edited: